Google has just freaked me out!

kevinjohnsonmbe

15 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Are you really that dim?

Advertising!

Which might make sense if it made sense to do such a thing.. Do you imagine anyone would own a phone, a computer or that dumb Alexa thingy if they felt they were being secretly spied on?..

Do you think advertisers would place adds with such a company..  

I can see MI6 doin such a thing if it was possible.. but not google as it would destroy the company overnight if their scam ever came to light.   why would they risk it?..if it was even possible that is.

Not to mention its not like their current analytics isn't doing a fine job as it is...  

Its just a conspiracy theory like contrails and flat earth..  not one actual piece of evidence and yet the story is out there like its perfectly plausible..

Not had issues with google but face book has freaked me out with there tech.

I have a fb page but its not my real last name and it contains no pictures of me or anything about my personal life, have no family as friends on it, don't use it as was set up for a business that did not take off.

My partner posts pictures of me and her all the time on her fb and in those pictures if you put the curser over my face it suggests tagging my mum in as if fb recognises my pic as my mums...wtf is that about? FB has the tech to recognise family members from pics alone? How can fb know I am linked to my mum is not right and is above the tech already out there for face recognition tech?

14 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

As a very rare deviation from the usual Saturday night steak dinner we are having a Chinese takeaway.

This is a totally random and exceptionally rare event - there is no routine pattern or frequency.

We were just talking about ordering by phone when the conversation changed to something else that caused me to open Google street view to find a business totally unrelated to the previous discussion.

Clicked the cursor in the search box, didn't type anything, but the list of suggestions that came up was as shown in the attached pic.  I've never used Google maps to find the local Chinese (I already know where it is!)

How is this even possible?  We don't have "Alexa" or any other voice activated tech.  Has Google already infiltrated our minds and our homes?

I'm by no means a tin foil hat merchant but this apparent "coincidence" has pretty much freaked me out....

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 17.39.42.png

Synchronicity more likely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Years ago , at the cinema , before digital when they used spools of celluloid film there was a thing called " one frame advertising "  . You were sat there watching a movie and suddenly you " needed " a Coke .  There was one frame in the film reel that showed a bottle of ice cold Coke . The eye did not see it but the brain registered it . It was banned eventually .

I found I was bombarded by endless Russian Bride offers (incl some rental models) on the internet, when searching for 2nd hand tractors.

I did wonder whether someone had developed an algorithm that identified that anyone searching for a 2nd hand tractor was likely to be an older bachelor farmer and therefore susceptible to such big-titted blonde blandishments.

Or at least that is what I explained to the Wife. 

• Haha 4

IMG_9187.jpgIMG_9186.jpg

If you have an iPhone got to settings and then privacy and then scrolled the bottom and go into analytics and advertising.

Turn off the ones in the screen shots.

They do listen and then advertise to you. They will still listen no doubt but you won’t get the adverts.

We are already in 1984 and they have even got us wanting all these fancy new gadgets I think we all just don’t want to believe how far it’s got/ where it’s going.

Just keep on, keeping on.

• Like 4