Training course for tractor winch

swinny

1 hour ago, Big J said:

We have a winch course and assessment on Tuesday with Mike Crutchley. Sub 2.5t tractor, 3.2t winch, 4 of us, £250 a man.

He travels around the country and there are other NPTC assessors around the UK. Dick Bradshaw would be closer to you I think.

I take it it is a different ticket for sub/over 2.5T tractors (just like 360 digger tickets)?

So if u sit it in a small compact tractor u then can't (well not ticketed) to jump on to a full size tractor/winch?

But fine if u do the bigger tractor/winch ticket

If so J i'd be hitching ur winch on to ur new big tactor then it covers u for every thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drinksloe said:

I take it it is a different ticket for sub/over 2.5T tractors (just like 360 digger tickets)?

So if u sit it in a small compact tractor u then can't (well not ticketed) to jump on to a full size tractor/winch?

But fine if u do the bigger tractor/winch ticket

If so J i'd be hitching ur winch on to ur new big tactor then it covers u for every thing

True, but I don't have the larger tractor yet. The upgrade course is much cheaper, and we need the tickets for the little tractor for the next block we're working on. Useful thing to have.

Ur not so bad if ur upgrade is cheaper.

With the diggers i think u start from scratch again with ur bigger ticket.

I think i'd still be trying to borrow a bigger tractor for the day (or tie some extra wieghts on urs to get over the 2.5T ?) just to save the hassle of needing a 2nd ticket/upgrade as u will be doing the exact same things anyway.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Big J said:

We have a winch course and assessment on Tuesday with Mike Crutchley. Sub 2.5t tractor, 3.2t winch, 4 of us, £250 a man.

He travels around the country and there are other NPTC assessors around the UK. Dick Bradshaw would be closer to you I think.

Do you not have your Valtra yet so you can do the over 2.5 tonne as well.  When i did my FMOC it was 1.3 wheeled rigid and it wasn't broken down by size.

4 hours ago, Brushcutter said:

Do you not have your Valtra yet so you can do the over 2.5 tonne as well.  When i did my FMOC it was 1.3 wheeled rigid and it wasn't broken down by size.

Not yet. A week or two. Don't need it for three weeks so not in a huge hurry.