Today's milling

Rough Hewn

6 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Bloody hell do I still want one of them! 

The Lucas is some of the best $ I have ever spent in my life. Had a few band saw mills which were ok, but the wrong tool for the woods I work in. Nothing is better than a Mobile Dimensional for spitting out lumber, but the Lucas is just so mobile, can easily go anywhere, can mill big diameter logs with ease, produces beautiful lumber very quickly, has a slabber attachment which can be a serious money maker, and is relatively inexpensive and easy to maintain and work on. Just a kickass tool that I couldn't live without! Sales pitch over..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Erik said:

The Lucas is some of the best $ I have ever spent in my life. Had a few band saw mills which were ok, but the wrong tool for the woods I work in. Nothing is better than a Mobile Dimensional for spitting out lumber, but the Lucas is just so mobile, can easily go anywhere, can mill big diameter logs with ease, produces beautiful lumber very quickly, has a slabber attachment which can be a serious money maker, and is relatively inexpensive and easy to maintain and work on. Just a kickass tool that I couldn't live without! Sales pitch over..

One day! Gotta house to get bought this summer then a full renovation before any more toys. :D 

Just had a Classic Car fully re-wired over the last few weeks. Started out as a few wires needing replaced under the hood to needing new Loom and Fuse Box etc, as I kinda expected. Wife not so happy now as thats the best part of £2000. :D 

• Like 1

One day! Gotta house to get bought this summer then a full renovation before any more toys. [emoji3] 

Just had a Classic Car fully re-wired over the last few weeks. Started out as a few wires needing replaced under the hood to needing new Loom and Fuse Box etc, as I kinda expected. Wife not so happy now as thats the best part of £2000. [emoji3] 

What’s the car Andy?

21 minutes ago, timbernut said:

Nice Chrysler! I just bought ‘62 Ford Zodiac mk3, needs lots of work, early days though as not got it home yet

Awesome! Always fun with a project.

I have a second Charger that needs full resto as well. :D 

Anyway, back on track,  before I left I milled some Yew. Heavy bloody stuff. No idea what I'll do with it, but its there anyway. 

60451833_616033968877259_2366652255702089728_n.jpg

• Like 6