Today's milling

Rough Hewn

Just now, bilke_user said:

Paid £24/t + delivery for the larch.  
Phone your local FLS office, or if there's no one there ask one of your local timber contractors who to get in touch with. 

That’s good going. 

Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That’s good going. 

Thanks for the tip, I’ll do that. :) 

Got proper 3.7m larch mill logs coming this week and they are £70/t delivered.  That's cheap for mill logs at the moment, but only so because it's oversize stuff that the local BSW mill doesn't want and there's not a lot of it

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bilke_user said:

Got proper 3.7m larch mill logs coming this week and they are £70/t delivered.  That's cheap for mill logs at the moment, but only so because it's oversize stuff that the local BSW mill doesn't want and there's not a lot of it

That’s about what I’m paying for the next 5t I’m getting. When is Latch considered oversized? The stuff Im getting is 20-24”. 

I’ll have to drop the FLS a bell when im

home. :) 

Bit of contract work in Inverness ( left to my own devices with the excavator as logs were a good way from mill)  and then a day at mates milling some lovely elm, couple of soft patches but still a good workout for his 881 and panther 60 kit. 

A2246890-4D66-468E-8418-63E9C6C25191.jpeg

D4FA5E80-40B5-48C2-9646-55AC7BD4074C.jpeg

92641583-AA26-4625-B43D-4887E6E37F78.jpeg

657D8B12-E5FF-4F0A-A24B-EBC4B600A575.jpeg

6CFA9F43-E4AA-4666-B254-3D8F57DCBAF6.jpeg

244BAAEB-3474-4CE3-80F3-61A94C05F5F7.jpeg

• Like 9

Hi All 

I’ve a brand new and unused Panther 60 kit available, no pics as I guess most here will know what they are anyway  and box has not even been opened. Looking for £500 no Vat. 

Edited by Johnsond

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Hi All 

I’ve a brand new and unused Panther 60 kit available, no pics as I guess most here will know what they are anyway  and box has not even been opened. Looking for £500 no Vat. 

Might be better to post it in the for sale section.

On 15/05/2021 at 16:00, muttley9050 said:

I have no issues with drying Sycamore. Lovely timber.
Similar to beech it benefits from being left on the ground for a year to encourage spalting.
Table in this photo is a lovely bit of syc. Stays flat and beautiful grain. 20210323_134944.jpeg

Gorgeous finish  :) K