Today's milling

Rough Hewn

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Your figures are certainly confusing. :D 

You can fill 2-3 1ton dumpy bags with 1 ton of wood, loose stacked of course. So when you mention the figures of three bags and you offering £250 a ton for the same log then its fairly safe to assume that the £250 a ton and filling three bags with the same log all tie in to mean a 1 ton log.

There is simply no way a neatly stacked 1 ton bag will hold 1 ton of Oak when Oak is about 720kg m3. Thats a perfect 1m cube, no air gaps. Generally you're around 350kg a Dumpy bag. 

If anyone is needing Blessed its you Boy, for it seems like you're telling a few porkies here. Maybe you need to head down to Confession, it is Sunday after all.

My apologies! I assumed it was bags, just spoke to him and he only does 1 ton loads!!!! Think this lockdown stuff and the talk of snow down here is starting to affect me. 🤪

• Like 1

Just now, Boy said:

My apologies! I assumed it was bags, just spoke to him and he only does 1 ton loads!!!! Think this lockdown stuff and the talk of snow down here is starting to affect me. 🤪

And you genuinely offered him £750 for log he made £330 off of? 

Just seems strange when you did not know what you offered him in tons earlier and claimed to see how many bags of logs he'd get out of the log and offered him more. Now Im not great at maths but even I know that £750 is more than double of £330, its not just a bit extra is it? 

You're all over the place on this one Boyo. :D Something certainly has affected you. 

26 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

And you genuinely offered him £750 for log he made £330 off of? 

Just seems strange when you did not know what you offered him in tons earlier and claimed to see how many bags of logs he'd get out of the log and offered him more. Now Im not great at maths but even I know that £750 is more than double of £330, its not just a bit extra is it? 

You're all over the place on this one Boyo. :D Something certainly has affected you. 

I honestly offered £750! Don't know why he didn't take it, I must be an arsehole or something. Nevermind!!!!! 

• Haha 1