Today's milling

Rough Hewn

4 minutes ago, AJStrees said:

Yes that's right. The bars it comes with are 1.5 metres long, I got some steel 3 metres long to do longer but not so heavy logs. Its okay. But I would much prefer a logosol F2. If you have time and a good spot to sit it, then it works alright. It is a little bit toy really, I have tried to get to like it, but for heavy timber its really not what you need. 

Being an owner of a M7/F2 mill i can confirm its the real deal as been milling 27" logs on it this week 4 metres long.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 3

On 28/04/2021 at 22:22, AndyO said:

Managed to get some milling in over the last couple of weeks with our new Panther mill. 

The plan originally was to run it with two Chinese power heads I bought at the same time but that didn’t work out so it was Husky powered instead.

Maybe a little under powered in the 1200mm Oak but it got there and produced 10 giant slabs. It was hard going to shift the slabs onto and off the forklift!

The Beech was an awesome surprise. Not as spalted  as I hoped but full of flame like reds.

Think I have the milling bug in a bad way....

DA39AEAA-893F-47A9-AD69-8CB91FAFC072.thumb.jpeg.a841b16738fd07b594f0fdf52dd243e4.jpegE52A3878-C8D3-4A48-96CD-8F8CE6ACD609.thumb.jpeg.81af1f6d1c9a2df0c64684ecc6ce1790.jpegC18B1A76-B742-4514-95B8-3875FAEFC781.thumb.jpeg.f5b98d7b8366a2c2800a56b15c4ca4a7.jpeg5EE84CBA-CDBA-4C6B-8199-792267F4EF4D.thumb.jpeg.ed4c5f86ac1ac71ae5d273ec6f8ecf5b.jpegB431DA9B-8FEF-486C-B785-46DB4BEA0705.thumb.jpeg.c2dba4e86ea92ff502d1107b06021c52.jpeg

Why couldn't it work with the two chinese saw heads?

5 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Being an owner of a M7/F2 mill i can confirm its the real deal as been milling 27" logs on it this week 4 metres long.

Sounds like fun....... Lots of sawdust I imagine but no fumes. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJStrees said:

Yes that's right. The bars it comes with are 1.5 metres long, I got some steel 3 metres long to do longer but not so heavy logs. Its okay. But I would much prefer a logosol F2. If you have time and a good spot to sit it, then it works alright. It is a little bit toy really, I have tried to get to like it, but for heavy timber its really not what you need. 

@AJStreesCheers for the honest review.  I'll save my $

It doesn't seem to do much that I can't do with trestles and the panthermill.

I had an Logosol M8 and would love to get an F2+ with it's portability and to have the ability to  make that first cut and mill so easily... ***dreams of Logosol**** 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

I had an Logosol M8 and would love to get an F2+ with it's portability and to have the ability to  make that first cut and mill so easily... ***dreams of Logosol**** 

Yeah the one good thing is the use of a rail system which does take a lot of effort out of the milling. But its a little quirky. 

6 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

One for sale at the moment but asking to much for it but that is my opinion 

Why couldn't it work with the two chinese saw heads?

I’m sure they could have but when they arrived it turned out there was no CE marking, sound or vibration output data and the owners manual was a photocopy of the Stihl 661 manual minus the logos and data...funnily enough they didn’t even edit the manual from referring to the saw as a 661?

There was no way I could let an employee be on the other end of the mill and to be honest I’m fairly keen on minimising my exposure to completely untested machinery too!

4 minutes ago, AndyO said:

I’m sure they could have but when they arrived it turned out there was no CE marking, sound or vibration output data and the owners manual was a photocopy of the Stihl 661 manual minus the logos and data...funnily enough they didn’t even edit the manual from referring to the saw as a 661?

There was no way I could let an employee be on the other end of the mill and to be honest I’m fairly keen on minimising my exposure to completely untested machinery too!

Fair enough... :thumbup1:

• Like 1