Today's milling

Rough Hewn

• 2 weeks later...

Got into a wild looking log from a tree that had been through some intense fires over that last few hundred years. As a result it had some wicked heart rot but we managed to work around it and get some really beautiful boards.

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Both stacks are from a job where I got payed in lumber, meaning for every board foot I milled for the clients I took one for myself. The 1st stack that is stickers is for my personal stash and the other is gonna be turned into a large wrap around deck for the folks I was working for. 

3-4 guys, some nice 36"-40" logs, a whole lot of coffee, a couple 10-12 hour days  and we produced quite a bit of lumber.  My back is killing me, but we got er done!  

• Like 4

We banged out a log in the morning before heading off to do a Madrone removal. Another log that went through some serious fires creating some wicked heart rot but also making for some amazing looking wood. This one almost looked like a brazilian rosewood fretboard on an old Fender guitar! Straight to the personal stash with this stuff.

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Edited by Erik
  • Like 6

Awesome few days milling for 3dWood/Nick Speakman Sculpture. Cut a load of big Oak and Cedar plus a bit of Wellingtonia and some funky sycamore. So glad we had a forklift and also this super handy lifting chains!!

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

Edited by kav
  • Like 7