Today's milling

Rough Hewn

40 minutes ago, rich crowther said:

Solid piece of kit, cuts those 700mm wide slabs easily
Never had any problems with it at all

I imported one of them for anithrt arbtalker and I think he's been happy with it too. 

28 minutes ago, Big J said:

I imported one of them for anithrt arbtalker and I think he's been happy with it too. 

Currently swithering on wether to make my own or buy the log loader from Trakmet ready made J 

got a quote from Pawel whom I'm sure you know. They look to have some good kit and my experience with polish welders would lead me to expect a robust bit of kit. 

That Brexit forum has done for me J I'm just about ready to sack it in as a few others have done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Currently swithering on wether to make my own or buy the log loader from Trakmet ready made J 

got a quote from Pawel whom I'm sure you know. They look to have some good kit and my experience with polish welders would lead me to expect a robust bit of kit. 

That Brexit forum has done for me J I'm just about ready to sack it in as a few others have done. 

Build it! Then build two and I'll buy the other. :P

Build your own! Your more than capable!!! I’ve been following your build so far and your not shy on welding skills or future proof thinking ideas, you’ll piss it.
And you always get that self satisfaction at the end, when ya stand back and look at it in operation and the thought....... “i did that” pops in to your swede and a big grin appears on your face! [emoji106] plus you’ll know it inside out.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ratman said:

Build your own! Your more than capable!!! I’ve been following your build so far and your not shy on welding skills or future proof thinking ideas, you’ll piss it.
And you always get that self satisfaction at the end, when ya stand back and look at it in operation and the thought....... “i did that” pops in to your swede and a big grin appears on your face! emoji106.png plus you’ll know it inside out.

Ratman/Andy 

yeah it's always good to build something that's bespoke to suit what you want. Time is the problem at the moment and the weather is not helping lately. I'm staring down the barrel of a 6-8 week trip away shortly so will be trying to get it to a point where I'm happy to leave it for a while. If the build costs get to within a certain point of the buy costs I'll probs just buy and adapt that to fit. time to do some maths I think 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Ratman/Andy 

yeah it's always good to build something that's bespoke to suit what you want. Time is the problem at the moment and the weather is not helping lately. I'm staring down the barrel of a 6-8 week trip away shortly so will be trying to get it to a point where I'm happy to leave it for a while. If the build costs get to within a certain point of the buy costs I'll probs just buy and adapt that to fit. time to do some maths I think 

Where are you heading? 6-8 weeks bonus? Its a no brainer, just buy one. :D Will be waiting for you when you arrive home, haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Where are you heading? 6-8 weeks bonus? Its a no brainer, just buy one. :D Will be waiting for you when you arrive home, haha. 

UXO job off Belgian coast mobbing in ijmuiden once done vessel will be remobbed for a chain swap on the Alba fsu for chevron. Looking like things will be pretty busy Andy so yeah it may well pay to just buy it otherwise I may find myself in the the same situation I'm at now in sept/oct with 25t of DF to convert to beams etc and no time to do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Working to those dimensions Andy, hopefully if weather is ok tomorrow I'll do some measuring up etc and see where I'm at. The drawings might be of use depending on what route you go with your own trailer set up. 

IMG_0574.PNG

IMG_0573.PNG

Edited by Johnsond

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

UXO job off Belgian coast mobbing in ijmuiden once done vessel will be remobbed for a chain swap on the Alba fsu for chevron. Looking like things will be pretty busy Andy so yeah it may well pay to just buy it otherwise I may find myself in the the same situation I'm at now in sept/oct with 25t of DF to convert to beams etc and no time to do it. 

Damn, that much still to mill? ?

Those drawings are handy. :) 

Id have to build/have built a Heavy Duty Trailer like yours to be able to use a Hydraulic lift I think? The Sub 750kg ''all in'' trailers would just coup over. :D