Today's milling

Rough Hewn

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Finally got my Bandsaw up and running. 

Milled a Cherry Butt for a friend, a small Oak Log for myself and resawed (resawn) a 500-600mm 4" Slab in half. Was a fun afternoon and the Mill was ace! Went though it all like butter. 

52082279_1832759666828706_4789067398953041920_n.jpg

52556953_2429849593695236_1400018626777448448_n.jpg

52518121_255375938718239_4320074231703404544_n.jpg

52541757_2245214785804663_6092740022266494976_n.jpg

Hi Andy 

looks tidy, far easier than pushing a chainsaw for sure. 

I take it you got the issues with the damage sorted then ??. My woodlands is now off its rails and I'm working on the installation of the indespension units. Hopefully get it up and running shortly but then I'm defo gonna need a way of loading stuff onto it. Seems that one job is leading to another at moment. Good to see you molly coddle the Jeep ??

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Hi Andy 

looks tidy, far easier than pushing a chainsaw for sure. 

I take it you got the issues with the damage sorted then ??. My woodlands is now off its rails and I'm working on the installation of the indespension units. Hopefully get it up and running shortly but then I'm defo gonna need a way of loading stuff onto it. Seems that one job is leading to another at moment. Good to see you molly coddle the Jeep ??

Yeh ripped through the Cherry and Oak in no time. Was a lot of fun. 

Yes, they changed out the Mill just after New Year. Annoyingly they stated they wanted to replace everything so I could not get started with the Bed, then they said they just wanted the Sawhead back. :/

I managed to break the Sawhead on setting it up and had to wait a week or so for new springs but by then I was back to Norway for 3 weeks. Just the way it goes. Off to look at a load of Oak today, see what the guys wanting for it. They seem to deal a lot with England and send all their good stuff down there. Their prices are £200 a ton for premium, £100 a ton for good and £60-70 a ton for large limbs, ie 750mm and under, what I can get on my Mill basically. Would be nice to get a bunch of Oak and Ash drying. 

Im only borrowing the Teli-Handler but it sure makes the job easier. Thankfully I can borrow it on the weekends in exchange for some milling work. But its a hassle loading it up on the Trailer, securing, transporting then the same again when done.

So it all works out, but once I get the Trailer Package I'll need a way of maneuvering the logs onto the Mill when out and about. I would be interested in seeing your Trailer when you get a chance to take pics. If Logosol take to long to market theirs I might do the same, but I'll get a Blacksmith to do the work. :D 

Yeh, the Jeep gets a fair amount of abuse. :D Its a great 4x4 and tows 3.5t. I can take it anywhere my mates can take his Defender, much to his annoyance. :D With the Back Seats down the 088 made up to a 48" Mill can slide in, the 064 on the 36" Mill sits at the side and the First cut System sits under it all when broken down. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...