Seen my first snowdrop in flower of the year today. It really lifted my heart with the pure humility of its fresh white bowed-bud head amidst all the smeary brown twig thatched earth.

• Like 4

Looking forward to next Christmas, receiving a book of flowery, eloquent Chessarisms, which she will hopefully publish by then, with a week by week commentary on the ever changing faces of nature!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have one or two snow drops open. Our gorse has been flowering it's heart out for over a month now and our winter honeysuckle has been flowering for a few weeks - all flowers that our bees love at this time of year.

There's some hazle catkins that are starting to open as well, I'll have to see if there are any female slowers starting to open.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chessa said:

Seen my first snowdrop in flower of the year today. It really lifted my heart with the pure humility of its fresh white bowed-bud head amidst all the smeary brown twig thatched earth.

What part of the country, out of interest?

Snow drops here just starting to poke there heads up.

What I couldn't believe I saw last week (wish I'd taken a photo) was a rhododendron coming out into flower - the same week as hogmanay! Only about 4 months too early! O.o

• Like 1

Plenty here too, from marigolds that have refused to stop flowering to borage and broccoli let go to seed. Daffodils are popping up, no snowdrops yet, but it is there first year. Gorse is in flower, honeysuckle not far off and the daisies are still in the grass! Some catkins close to opening too. I see the horse chestnut buds beginning to swell and a lilac too.. all very early. My better half picked all these two days ago in our own garden.20190110_233042.jpeg

• Like 1

winter Jasmin been out a few weeks now the snow drops are starting to flower I have one aconite in flower the dafies are poking through but will be interesting as to how they flower after last year I still have a hollyhock in flower with more buds waiting to open  and the lavatera is still in flower

• Like 1