Pensions

eggsarascal

Thinking sensibly (my thoughts obviously, others may differ) if health and all other circumstances are looking good in 18 yrs when i hit 55, i’m going to take my 25% tax free lump sum to start with, and see where i am with rest depending on amount remaining etc regards tax.

43 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Thinking sensibly (my thoughts obviously, others may differ) if health and all other circumstances are looking good in 18 yrs when i hit 55, i’m going to take my 25% tax free lump sum to start with, and see where i am with rest depending on amount remaining etc regards tax.

I wouldn't 'bank' on being able to take your 25% in 18 years time. What money I've got is going into property. I do like a gamble but don't want to end up with nowt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

I wouldn't 'bank' on being able to take your 25% in 18 years time. What money I've got is going into property. I do like a gamble but don't want to end up with nowt.

That is what I think, I would rather "things" than numbers on a bit of paper

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Mine too eggs I have already got one that I rent out that brings 5k a year in and it is earning from day 1 There is some work with the renting but you are not lining the suit pockets. My advice to anyone is to either buy new or a wreck and gut it you will have many trouble free years and can be picky with your tenants. I let mine through an agent who finds me a tenant then I 

manage the money and day today things myself. I know 3 financial advisors and they all have a good life with not a lot of work and they all have some property investments.

I’m buggered either way eggs till i’m 55 cos i cant touch it till then. I’d buy another house tomoz with what i have already in my sipp pot if i could. Time will tell though, owt could happen between now and then.
  • Like 1