New branch logger in action

Woodworks

We really rate those branch loggers, they have to have a really strong gearbox and rollers though for the size of timber they process. Shame that they produce a short log too. Pretty dangerous with no reverse or simple way of stopping the infeed. I do quite like the rotary guillotine loggers, M Large do one which you just load a magazine with billets or log lengths and it works well. They are for bigger diameter stuff rather than brash, but still, quite inventive and simple!

On 07/01/2019 at 18:28, Woodworks said:

First little job on the farm for this cutting up wood for this summers charcoal. Pretty pleased with it so far.

Infeed height looks better than any of the Urban ones I've seen.

Just came in from the cold to do some boring office book work.  Using the last of the wretched plastic net bags which have the additional problem that rats seem to love them!

Lit the Clearview 500 and in no time the room was warm as toast.

Only trouble was I fell asleep before I finished the accounts!

IMG_2690.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi mr billhoook

when you say you log them into a bulk container 

could you elaborate ?

What's the container

how do the mini logs dry

how do you get them back out into the scuttle

i have a small logger from welmac and find the net bags less than ideal

tried logging some into ventilated barrow bags but found them difficult to empty

and the mini logs went a bit mouldy

most of mine go in the gasifying boiler and for starting /cheering up the stove

Thank

anyone else have any tips ?

Anybody even come across one of these before? Similar idea to the bulle s3 by the looks of it.

Would you then sort by hand or put in to some sort of separating machine to get logs / twigs separated? (Total novice here looking in ?)

3 hours ago, SbTVF said:

Anybody even come across one of these before? Similar idea to the bulle s3 by the looks of it.

Looks like it would do a reasonable job on cleaner timber too. Ideal for your own use and a fast effortless way of producing stove ready logs,but as with the branch loggers, in my experience, it can be difficult to sell the product to a wider customer base because it's not as attractive when packaged.

On 11/01/2019 at 20:44, david lawrence said:

Hi mr billhoook

when you say you log them into a bulk container 

could you elaborate ?

What's the container  One ton potato box with gaps in side boards

how do the mini logs dry     In a lean to shed open to the wind but not the rain

how do you get them back out into the scuttle  Tubular scuttle, not a tapering one, just trawled through

i have a small logger from welmac and find the net bags less than ideal  Me too!  Hence my thoughts on putting them in a smaller paper sack with a hand held electric stitcher to make them user friendly.  The women I tried to convince with the plastic nets found them to be too heavy and too messy.  I was hoping to convince them with say a 15 lb paper bag which they could use to start a fire without the need for a fire lighter or just throw onto a dying fire to rejuvenate it.

tried logging some into ventilated barrow bags but found them difficult to empty

and the mini logs went a bit mouldy     Me too!

most of mine go in the gasifying boiler and for starting /cheering up the stove Mine start the Aarrow Stratford or completely fuel the Clearview Pioneer in the office.

Thank

anyone else have any tips ?

I think I need to be much more selective with my branches before I process them.  Cut off the twiggy bits which foul the nets or the bags or the scuttles and just have some nice long lengths around say four inches at one end and two at the other, maybe store them under cover in bundles for a while for a bit of drying, then have a pile laid out on a log table at the right height and angle for unimpeded branch logging

Even more perfect for me since I only have the bagging attachment and no elevator, would be to remove the bagging assembly and then put the machine over the Palax elevator on the Palax Combi processor to load the potato box

2019 project!

I very much believe in the future of branch loggings if we can make them a little more user friendly

Edited by Billhook