cleaning veg oil!

carlos

Well if you have used the stuff in your saw, you now reap what you sow. I get bloody sick and tired of getting saws in run on bio oil, veg oil or turpentine oil and having to make them look nice for their return after service. This oil takes paint off older saws and sticks like shyte to a blanket! It also hits their serviceability and resale value.......I hate the stuff - fill your boots and keep your mouth closed when using the compressor:cursing:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Well if you have used the stuff in your saw, you now reap what you sow. I get bloody sick and tired of getting saws in run on bio oil, veg oil or turpentine oil and having to make them look nice for their return after service. This oil takes paint off older saws and sticks like shyte to a blanket! It also hits their serviceability and resale value.......I hate the stuff - fill your boots and keep your mouth closed when using the compressor:cursing:

Doesn't do the moving parts any harm, oil pump always turn freely, it's just where it collects and mixes with dust where it hardens. I had the same issue with regular chain oil, just not quite as tough to remove. For me the advantages far outweigh the annoyances. If it's the bio oil that you mix with water youre talking about, then I'm with you on that, it's evil.

I am talking about any oil that has the ability to dry in air forming a coating that no solvent or water based cleaner appears to dissolve - I have had to grind the stuff out with a 4mm drill on some MS200 cooling fins!!!!

I may just start sending the manky ones back and put "not known at this address" on the box:sneaky2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, woody paul said:

When I bought a husky 362 it was covered in the stuff dismantled it and soaked it in cillit bang household cleaner stuff for a couple of hours then scrubbed. 

I wonder if you could empty the oil tank and fill it up that cilit bang or similar and run it through to clear any potential blockages..  never thought of that, but if you had a blocked pump or was getting on that way I suppose its better that poking around with a pipe cleaner..