Single cab - Tipper conversion cost?

James905

2 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Yes I was pretty pissed at the time but things have worked out well long term. I was very hung up the whole 3.5 tonne towing but in reality I never needed it and our Ifor is only 2.6 tonne so the Hilux's 2.7 towing is fine for all I do. Also nice not getting stressing about the odd mark from stray logs on an old truck. It's a tad narrower in the lanes which is a bonus not to mention a de-mist that actually works! With the money saved I upgraded the processor with the spare change. Even had customers think I had upgraded my truck as the quality paint job on the old Hilux made it look pretty good

GDH out of interest do you leave the truck running while loading between drops? It might explain your lack of issues as if it keeps running it can do it's forced regen without interruption. The interruption during regen I think was what caused most of my problems. 

No, it gets turned off most the time. Average journey will be half an hour to an hour with around a ton of logs on narrow hilly roads with occasional main roads then back to do a few odd jobs and out again an hour later. 

It's only in peak sales it would go all day so I'm not sure what causes the issue. I would be interested to know what percentage of vehicles have the problem although there's no chance Isuzu would release that information. 

It's one of those things where it could be a few hundred people who all complain on the internet (not trying to say that's a bad thing, I would do the same) or a major issue that they're covering up the worst of. 

56 minutes ago, gdh said:

No, it gets turned off most the time. Average journey will be half an hour to an hour with around a ton of logs on narrow hilly roads with occasional main roads then back to do a few odd jobs and out again an hour later. 

It's only in peak sales it would go all day so I'm not sure what causes the issue. I would be interested to know what percentage of vehicles have the problem although there's no chance Isuzu would release that information. 

It's one of those things where it could be a few hundred people who all complain on the internet (not trying to say that's a bad thing, I would do the same) or a major issue that they're covering up the worst of. 

There we go - regen. allegedly cycles between 10 - 20 mins, so presumably everything is operating as designed and therefore causing no issues. 

Sounds like they are the people to dealing with regarding uprating. Did you Hilux come with air assist fitted if not any idea on cost? So what payload can you legally carry on your uprated Hilux extra cab mk6 ? Is it a tipper? Thanks.

480+vat for air bags
380+vat for the uprate/paperwork etc

mines not done yet but pricing it all.
I will be building my own tipping bed etc as i can weld and have some ideas as it’s not just an arb truck it needs to remain useable as a family fun truck too. Plus i don’t see the point of a huge box that puts you 1.5t overweight when you fill it!

4 minutes ago, Dbikeguy said:

480+vat for air bags
380+vat for the uprate/paperwork etc

mines not done yet but pricing it all.
I will be building my own tipping bed etc as i can weld and have some ideas as it’s not just an arb truck it needs to remain useable as a family fun truck too. Plus i don’t see the point of a huge box that puts you 1.5t overweight when you fill it!

Spot on ?

4 hours ago, gdh said:

That's long runs in comparison with us. Most of our customer are 10-15mins away.  Delivery must eat into you profits big time if delivering an hour away. I mutter about a 20min drive. Probably explains you lack of problems with the truck though

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Woodworks said:

That's long runs in comparison with us. Most of our customer are 10-15mins away.  Delivery must eat into you profits big time if delivering an hour away. I mutter about a 20min drive. Probably explains you lack of problems with the truck though

That's the downside of living in a rural area the same as us. A lot of trips take 1 hour total which is why we need to have 4m3 onboard to maximise the journey. 

Thinking laterally we have never had a 4x4 for deliveries before so perhaps we would be better off with a Nissan Cabstar  or Mitsubishi Canter - any viewpoints would be welcome as I have never had either of these makes only Ford and Iveco.