Single cab - Tipper conversion cost?

James905

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

Well you have probably read my experiences with the Dmax. I run a facebook page and I was not alone with the fault. 

No sorry I did not, but I need to by your account! I am uncertain what 4x4 to purchase, so please PM me if you prefer, any advice on makes and models that can tip and carry 4m3 most welcome. It's so easy to part with a lot of money and end up with the wrong vehicle !

1 hour ago, arboriculturist said:

No sorry I did not, but I need to by your account! I am uncertain what 4x4 to purchase, so please PM me if you prefer, any advice on makes and models that can tip and carry 4m3 most welcome. It's so easy to part with a lot of money and end up with the wrong vehicle !

Some boring reading for you. Not seen any improvements from Isuzu with lots of trucks still suffering DPF issues but not all. 

To the OP have you considered a Loadhandler? When set up properly with some carefully placed greedy boards they work remarkably well and leave you able to use the tub with a tonneau cover for other work. Also they dont eat into your legal payload 

Edited by Woodworks

Fail to see the attraction in giving a 4x4 pickup the capacity to carry three time its legal capacity. One of these bigger tipping bodies eats into what is effectively less than a one ton payload. I am with Mick, not so sure I could bring myself to part with 4k+ on a body  for a truck with virtually no load carrying capacity.

For £500 or less and a weekend on the spanners you can cut down a transit body complete with all the hydraulics, both of the ones below are cut down transit bodies.

Bob

image.jpg4_zpsq5udohde.jpg

The old hilux with less than a ton on it

image.jpg1_zpsxhj9hfgr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Fail to see the attraction in giving a 4x4 pickup the capacity to carry three time its legal capacity. One of these bigger tipping bodies eats into what is effectively less than a one ton payload. I am with Mick, not so sure I could bring myself to part with 4k+ on a body  for a truck with virtually no load carrying capacity.

For £500 or less and a weekend on the spanners you can cut down a transit body complete with all the hydraulics, both of the ones below are cut down transit bodies.

Bob

Those are cracking bob, if was spending 4-6 grand that would be the way to go and get a nice truck in at that price rather than chopping a 30 grand motor up to put it on. 

Theres a nice low mileage 62 plate hi lux (ex waterboard I think) on internet at 6k with an already bashed up tub...be the perfect donor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Bob

Yep that is never a tonne of aggregate haha 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, arboriculturist said:

GDH has a single cab Izusu - 4x4 Utility model I think.  I know he had air suspension fitted to cope with carrying 4m3 of dry firewood. He will reply to this post shortly I am sure, as I am interested also.

I hear varying reports on the best 4x4 s, it seems many choose the Izusu Dmax single cab utility 4x4 on price and it is one of the few that will carry 4m3 firewood with tipper and air suspension fitted. I would like to hear others advice though.

Sorry I never replied in the last thread, I completely forgot. I did find the prices for when we got it 18months ago.

Not including VAT the single cab 4x4 was 19k, converting it to a 4cube tipper with air suspension for 1400kg was another 6k.

We've had no issues with it at 20,000 miles or the old one with 80,000 and there's 5year warranty anyway. 

Be aware that if you buy them ready converted the warranty is sometimes 3 years because the 5 years only comes direct from Isuzu.