after a pressure washer

billpierce

6 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Don't have figures but a good nozzle is as important as good pressure, some of the cheaper brands have poor distribution of water, giving a small area of higher pressure and little in the way of meaningful force towards the edges of the spray pattern.. at a guess I would suggest going mid to high range domestic or small industrial quality with a well known brand.. the model numbers probably have something to do with pressure 110, 120 etc, seen a few people mention numbers like that..

Those figures are probably the pressure in bar, 110 bar is about 1600psi. Nozzles need matching to the pump for best results.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, billpierce said:

Was imagining electric, I know next to nothing about them like.

Was thinking a diesel heated one would be mega bucks and prolly a bit over kill for the odd cleaning of things that I need. It'll mostly be for cleaning shitty undersides of vehicles trailers chippers etc

I have been through a few warwick and karchers, expensive to maintain and they need to be kept in the warm or they will sustain frost damage. I bought a cheapo ebay petrol many moons ago and its been faultless, they will also work off a barrel which can be filled with hot water and they take in detergent. Good to take on site to blast off kit rather than cack up the yard :thumbup1: Something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wido-MOBILE-PETROL-POWERED-HIGH-POWER-PRESSURE-JET-WASHER-ENGINE-MAX-2500PSI/222998538303?epid=7020020322&hash=item33ebbfa83f:g:pfYAAOSwOkhbzbY5:rk:3:pf:0

image_zps151ed18a.jpg

2 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

I have been through a few warwick and karchers, expensive to maintain and they need to be kept in the warm or they will sustain frost damage. I bought a cheapo ebay petrol many moons ago and its been faultless, they will also work off a barrel which can be filled with hot water and they take in detergent. Good to take on site to blast off kit rather than cack up the yard :thumbup1: Something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wido-MOBILE-PETROL-POWERED-HIGH-POWER-PRESSURE-JET-WASHER-ENGINE-MAX-2500PSI/222998538303?epid=7020020322&hash=item33ebbfa83f:g:pfYAAOSwOkhbzbY5:rk:3:pf:0

image_zps151ed18a.jpg

Got one almost identical to your link from Lidl about a year ago. Way better than the basic-ish Karcher we had before. Comes with a 3-year warranty. Did have a fuel leak but it was just a dodgy fuel pipe and just replaced the pipe. Not slick but does the job.

It will be definitely be just for home/ yard use and pretty keen not to have another noisey engine running, but I am sure the petrol ones are better/ more powerful.

Looking at a decent bosch/ karcher/ stihl/ nilfisk/ makita one. Not the starter models, like the 140bar ones etc.

Second hand worth a punt or do these get thrashed quick? Anything to look out for on a used one? Remember something about pumps running dry or getting air in or getting damaged if left on but not squirted enough.

Must admit for an electric i'd just go for a cheap screwfix 1 (or similar)

I've got a Titan prob about 50 quid many years ago and never missed a beat, i used to have a lot of walls, concrete and patio slabs + kenne at my old house+ pick ups/quads so it got a lot of use sometime 3-4 hours almost constant use and still going strong.

I might of had it 8+ years now, my bro bought an even cheaper 1 still going strong god knows how old that is.

My dad treated himself to a decent top end matika and prefer the cheap 1's to it.

The patio heads are really good if u have concrete/patios to do and make a good job

To do a proper job on bodywork of a car ur far better with a hose/brush, fine for a quick job or doing undersides. But my dads expensive 1 is just as bad on car bodies

Edited by drinksloe
  • Like 1

image_zps151ed18a.jpg

I got one of these from eBay. After running for 10mins it stops. Will restart ok and tick over, but as soon as the revs are increased it dies again.
Probably a fuel delivery problem but not been able to figure it out yet.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:51, aspenarb said:

image_zps151ed18a.jpg

Worth buying that one on ebay just for the name, wido/wideo xD

• 2 weeks later...