Sister in Law stitched up by the coppers !

Stubby

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I don’t know if I told this on here but a recent incident..

Walking Igor the Fox terrier a couple of months back on a regular track, passed a garden with a bull mastiff type in behind chain link fencing.

The mastiff charged the fence and burst through underneath, I managed to pull Igor back on the lead and sweep him up in my arms, the mastiff jumped up at me to get to him and just managed to injure his bollocks, claret leaking out, trip to the vet etc.

I was understandably furious, the female owner just giving some old flannel about their dog not being vicious blah blah.

Point is a big dog can kill a smaller one in seconds, if it had been my wife on her own it could have been very nasty.

Understood Mick . In this case the big dog was loose ( under the fence ) In my sisters case the big dog was on a lead and the small dog loose and out of control .

I know Stubs, but someone is grieving their beloved pet.

If you or I were there a swift kick in the little uns direction would have sufficed.

Igor escaped today, for 30 minutes, Christ knows what he gets up to. I just hope he’s smart enough to keep away from the big dogs.

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Apparently they would not tell my sister in law were the dog was kept . This added to her anguish  I think .  She lives in Surbiton Surrey . I am down here in West Sussex  so could not help realistically .

Well that's just wrong, is the dog not technically her property? Taking somebody's property and not telling them where it is amounts to theft, does it not? How can she be sure it has been properly cared for in this time? That would be torturous for her, and potentially the dog. Not something that should be let slide in my opinion. However if the greyhound should be muzzled, not something I fully agree with, then I guess she may be lucky to get it back at all...

1 minute ago, Conor Wright said:

Well that's just wrong, is the dog not technically her property? Taking somebody's property and not telling them where it is amounts to theft, does it not? How can she be sure it has been properly cared for in this time? That would be torturous for her, and potentially the dog. Not something that should be let slide in my opinion. However if the greyhound should be muzzled, not something I fully agree with, then I guess she may be lucky to get it back at all...

Yea . I suppose . Its not a requirement in law to muzzle a grey hound though .

Did the Rozzers put in an appearance at the scene of the incident then Stubby, or did they call by the hoose after the event and take the dog away?

Putting myself in either, but especially the latter scenario, and mindful that we always have a slack handful of German Sheperd dogs here, I can't even imagine a situation where I'd surrender any of them without a warrant (and even then, things wouldn't be too amicable.)

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
typo
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Did the Rozzers put in an appearance at the scene of the incident then Stubby, or did they call by the hoose after then event and take the dog away?

Putting myself in either, but especially the latter scenario, and mindful that we always have a slack handful of German Sheperd dogs here, I can't even imagine a situation where I'd surrender any of them without a warrant (and even then, things wouldn't be too amicable.)

They turned up at her house some time after the incident . 8 cars / vans and arrested her there and took the dog from there . She asked if they were going to cuff her ?  They conceded it would not be necessary   . She is an accountant and was just off to work . All the neighbors were rubber necking . She had only moved in a week prior ! Just what you need ! 

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

They turned up at her house some time after the incident . 8 cars / vans and arrested her there and took the dog from there . She asked if they were going to cuff her ?  They conceded it would not be necessary   . She is an accountant and was just off to work . All the neighbors were rubber necking . She had only moved in a week prior ! Just what you need ! 

Formal complaint sounds the way to go.

• Like 3