Sister in Law stitched up by the coppers !

Stubby

I spent two years fostering abused dogs when I was younger. From fox hounds to fighting pitbulls and dumped puppies.
Everyone of those animals was messed up by its owners.
Dogs aren't the problem.
Its irresponsible owners who project human psychology onto an animal.
100 years ago 95% of all dogs were working dogs.
Now it's less than 5%.
Nearly all dogs are ornamental pets now!!!!
People forget they were once wild wolves!!!!
Handbag/fashion dogs?!?!?
**** **** ****ers.

• Like 7

Stubby, get a solicitor as soon as you can. Everything will be against your sister as it's the way the system works. She needs to get the dog back from the kennels because the level of care in them is disgusting (I have first hand personal knowledge). The police are pretty useless in their application of the law on dogs but once the system starts it's almost impossible to get out of it until it's run its course IMO

I'm sympathetic to the dog that's died, but that's entirely the owners fault for not controlling her own dog. we walk our rotties at a quite spot and put them on a lead immediately we see another dog but have numerous arguments when other twats let their dog run yapping around ours cos "They are friendly".   Common sense is just to prevent something starting rather than trying to resolve a dog fight.

EDIT: Misread the first post and thought the police had seized the dog now.

Edited by Gary Prentice
  • Like 3

Similar incident with with an old lady I do her garden, didn't see her for a few weeks..

She was walking her puppy, pet cockapoodle.   A fella walking his mates dog out, dog went to attack her dog.. she pulls away her dog, its bolted behind her legs, the dog attacking breaks its leash and attacks the old lady instead..  her left ankle is bitten and the dog it rips at her ankle tearing a half pound of flesh from back of her leg..

Six weeks in hospital..  the owner of the dog that attacked her claims it wasn't his fault as it wasn't him that was out walking it..   the dogs in police custody, or was..   he's appealing an order to have it put down as a dangerous dog.   

I think he's missing the point that the dog is dangerous and needs to be dealt with..  not a fan of putting down dogs but sometimes it has to be done.. especially if its done some serious injury..  

Concerning your in law, it has killed another dog, which begs the question, did your sister in law relax the length of the lead to teach the owner of the small dog a lesson..   seems to me that that is whats happened..   not realizing how dangerous the greyhound can be..   

and if she didn't let off a bit of slack on the lead, then she's culpable in my opinion..  she didn't have control of the dog..   I've walked greyhounds out for yrs and knew to keep em on a short leash..  

A small dog snapping at a greyhound ankle is easily dealt with, so shouldn't be a problem.. an irate owner is a different matter..  one tends to want to let the dog loose to teach the other dog owner a lesson..  

Little man syndrome. I's always the yorkie that wants to fight our rotties.

Same with our boxer, shes soft as owt and just wants to play, but typical boxers.... she bounces on her front paws so i put on lead just to calm her. She sniffs and they sniff and usually its all good, but occasionally theres a brave one like ya say, usually a yorkie, jack russell, cockapoo and the likes. Chuffing car sponges on a piece of string i call em.

17 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Similar incident with with an old lady I do her garden, didn't see her for a few weeks..

She was walking her puppy, pet cockapoodle.   A fella walking his mates dog out, dog went to attack her dog.. she pulls away her dog, its bolted behind her legs, the dog attacking breaks its leash and attacks the old lady instead..  her left ankle is bitten and the dog it rips at her ankle tearing a half pound of flesh from back of her leg..

Six weeks in hospital..  the owner of the dog that attacked her claims it wasn't his fault as it wasn't him that was out walking it..   the dogs in police custody, or was..   he's appealing an order to have it put down as a dangerous dog.   

I think he's missing the point that the dog is dangerous and needs to be dealt with.. So, in your opinion, a dog that is in 'fight mode' with it's adrenaline up bites a person instead of the dog it wants to get at is automatically a dangerous dog? I ake it you don't have a lot of experience of owning dogs. They become extremely unfocused in hat situation and the most placid dog in the world will bite anything that comes within reach of its teeth in a fight, its probably not intentional (How many police dogs bite their handlers or other coppers when their bloods up?) not a fan of putting down dogs but sometimes it has to be done.. especially if its done some serious injury..  

Concerning your in law, it has killed another dog, which begs the question, did your sister in law relax the length of the lead to teach the owner of the small dog a lesson..   seems to me that that is whats happened..   not realizing how dangerous the greyhound can be..   You don't half make some assumptions and then carry on as if they're facts.

and if she didn't let off a bit of slack on the lead, then she's culpable in my opinion..  she didn't have control of the dog..   I've walked greyhounds out for yrs and knew to keep em on a short leash..  

A small dog snapping at a greyhound ankle is easily dealt with, so shouldn't be a problem.. an irate owner is a different matter..  one tends to want to let the dog loose to teach the other dog owner a lesson..  What a load of rubbish. I'd launch a dog out of control around mine without a second thought and threatened the same to more than one owner, my missus wouldn't in case she hurt the animal. I suppose you'd have held the greyhound with one hand and grabbed the other dogs collar with the other? 

• Like 2

I think he's missing the point that the dog is dangerous and needs to be dealt with..  not a fan of putting down dogs but sometimes it has to be done.. especially if its done some serious injury..  

Concerning your in law, it has killed another dog, which begs the question, did your sister in law relax the length of the lead to teach the owner of the small dog a lesson..   seems to me that that is whats happened..   not realizing how dangerous the greyhound can be..   

A small dog snapping at a greyhound ankle is easily dealt with, so shouldn't be a problem.. an irate owner is a different matter..  one tends to want to let the dog loose to teach the other dog owner a lesson..  

Go find your pillow and follow the youtube guidance to smothering again!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

if a dog bites a chunk of flesh out your mothers ankle you'd be fine with that..   somehow I don't think so..   if the owner went on to tell you it was a lovely dog mostly I doubt it would cut any ice as well.

bear in mind this lady was in her eighties.. late seventies..

I used to train greyhounds for my father yrs ago, my job was to walk em out.. sometimes one sometimes three at a time..  believe me I knew to keep em under control.  never had any problems, even on the odd occasion someone else dogs would attempt to attack em..  hold the dogs behind me, and threaten to kick the other dogs in the nuts...   mostly people were besides themselves that their dog was attempting to get at the greyhounds..  I had great patience in those conditions as I knew they were embarrassed by their dogs bad behavior..  on the other hand if the dogs attacking were sturdy looking I'd be tempted to let my dog off the lead and let em ave it...