Advice on machinery for moving timber

timberdelf

My flail is 5ft and has very heavy duty hammer flails. It was fine with the demand from the flail except in the heaviest of stuff, eg meadow left until grass 3ft tall. Then drop into crawler range rather than carry on in mid range of 3.

One time a friend cut back some Hollies and left a pile of brash for me to pulverise. Max stem diameter was probably an inch, and it handled this easily.

Don't forget you might need an overrun clutch on the pto shaft if the machine doesn't have one. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

It's amazing what little compacts can handle 

DSC01546.jpg.fc474fb9c8335f2d26190463400345ea.jpg

Is that a Hurilman?, from the colour of the paintwork.

I was drooling over a Hurliman Prince, brand new, and £16,000 + V, but the loader was a tad cumbersome, for less lift capacity too, before I found and bought the wee Kioti. I still got the hots for a Hurliman mind.

If it is a Hurliman, man are they a quart in a pint pot, and in a good way.

mth

12 minutes ago, difflock said:

Is that a Hurilman?, from the colour of the paintwork.

I was drooling over a Hurliman Prince, brand new, and £16,000 + V, but the loader was a tad cumbersome, for less lift capacity too, before I found and bought the wee Kioti. I still got the hots for a Hurliman mind.

If it is a Hurliman, man are they a quart in a pint pot, and in a good way.

mth

No, it's a Lambourgini/Deutz/Same (badge engineering)

I should add I have since bought a dedicated loader but that tractor ran our log business and farm for 10 years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

No, it's a Lambourgini/Deutz/Same (badge engineering)

I should add I have since bought a dedicated loader but that tractor ran our log business and farm for 10 years.

Hurlimann is also part of the SDF line- along with the 3 you mention. There’s Hurlimann models exactly the same as my Same in every way except the paint job. DiffLock- well worth considering- good well engineered tractors in my opinion...

This morning I spent an hour and a half on the phone to hmrc and dvla.
Lovely people [emoji3]
I also have the same problem of moving wood.
On a standard car license, I am allowed to drive any size tractor with any size of trailer with unlimited load,
No mot, no tax, can run on red diesel and no limited mileage from base.
Only limitation they mentioned was 2.45m max width.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]