Not me up there sadly but a lovely gdn that I’d did the fruit trees ! To old for that big stuff and lacked a good team and kit!

Mark2

Firstly happy new year to one and all and hope we all have a productive and safe year to come...anyway back to comments made on this particular subject..At couple of weeks ago there was a vid on here showing a chap cutting and being barber chaired and smashed on the head luckily he survived and we all gave comments on why it went tits and what we would have done which is fair point and why we all participate in giving our views but obviously on this occasion it was a different scenario and outcome,as much as we will pick the shit out of it and slam how it was done etc.but in my view the tree was taken down safely and no one got hurt and in my book if you go home in one piece at the end of a working day that’s surely a good a good thing.

Edited by 5 shires

Thank you five shires !

At one stage. I mentioned—- ‘’ you may be unaware of hidden  facts’’ the expert commentators here, did’nt consider the simple fact that—- as one of the finest gardens in England ! The owner’s would not be hiring any cowboys to do this work!

i will not name the firm with out permmision first ! But there from Wiltshire, and they are as good as eny body on this site! That’s a fact. Before this job they did a ‘ fantastic job’ 10 times harder and more spectacular. Both were done one hundred percent quality!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Firstly happy new year to one and all and hope we all have a productive and safe year to come...anyway back to comments made on this particular subject..At couple of weeks ago there was a vid on here showing a chap cutting and being barber chaired and smashed on the head luckily he survived and we all gave comments on why it went tits and what we would have done which is fair point and why we all participate in giving our views but obviously on this occasion it was a different scenario and outcome,as much as we will pick the shit out of it and slam how it was done etc.but in my view the tree was taken down safely and no one got hurt and in my book if you go home in one piece at the end of a working day that’s surely a good a good thing.

2 hours ago, Mark2 said:

Thank you five shires !

At one stage. I mentioned—- ‘’ you may be unaware of hidden  facts’’ the expert commentators here, did’nt consider the simple fact that—- as one of the finest gardens in England ! The owner’s would not be hiring any cowboys to do this work!

i will not name the firm with out permmision first ! But there from Wiltshire, and they are as good as eny body on this site! That’s a fact. Before this job they did a ‘ fantastic job’ 10 times harder and more spectacular. Both were done one hundred percent quality!

There's a big difference between doing a job well and getting away with doing a job poorly. In my opinion this case is the latter. The unnecessary one handing at that height and the excessive drop in the rigging system exhibit that. 

When you're unwilling to consider constructive criticism you pave the way for incidents like the one Wayne mentioned above. 

• Like 2

Joe Newton Thanks for your contribution and view, some of which is incorrect. 

Firstly I have been very keen to engage with all the criticism — constutive, ill informed, and some abusive ! I note your silence on that and the bad example you set.

it’s easy to criticise someone brave enough to take on the most dangerous and difficult tree works that are out there!

but let’s be honest for every 200 people call them selves ‘tree surgeons ‘ only one will take on those biggest and dangerous trees! And even less will do that on a daily basis . As I have only been on this fantastic site one week, and have yet to work out who is who ? could you post a similar vid of your work. not a text book classic that would be dis honest. But a run of the mill, large tree in the difficult site!

how little praise of the good points! None on the stunning gardens and setting

glass half full or half empty ?

• Like 1

Regarding the rigging system! 

As already stated the sole purpose of that rope was to prevent the possibility of the branch bounceing and catapulting (heavy end first) into the priceless gdn ornaments. If we’re going to minutely disect this short clip so be it ( but I think the less of you for it)

let me draw your attention to the expertise of what that man did. Take a look ! he gaged the weight distribution ‘exactly’ 50/50 load on the rope and weight on the ground ! Not only in full control but reducing chance of shrapnel flying !

I suspect what this is ‘really about’ is a few here are testing the new boy out !

The job went well with no injuries and that’s great, mark being 65 your old school and have probably seen it all and as you say job went swimmingly, all the guys went home healthy and most importantly got paid however do you not agree that cutting at neck height is well just plain stupid especially given to remedy that the guy only had to spike up a little more?

Also curiousity has the better of me now, how come the top can’t hit the deck but it’s ok to drop the stick on the deck? Genuine Q. 

People aren’t testing you BTW it’s like a funny old pub this forum. Welcome by the way!!

ThanksD ! Ha ! Good man ! You spotted my achelles heel !

i’l concede on that one point ! For all you students with only 25 years experience yes to do that is high risk !

in my defence I’m posting on an iPhone small screen ! I looked ! I could’nt call it, dark shade in that area. plus camera angle could be deseptive unlike some comments ! I went for innocent until proven guilty,

yes im old school !we all here chose a dangerous profession !!! Hell listening to some here! We might as well be hair dressers! Snigger,hell go on i’ll say it ! I love the danger ! Am addicted to it! Grow some nuts!