IBC tanks

timbernut

Maybe, to store what tho?
What about building a with them?

Fairly light things. I did similar with an old mower box and some car plastic a while ago. Very handy shelf and wall pocket. I don’t understand the obsession people have with going out of their way to build with shit things when good things are available though. Like people who are desperate to live in shipping containers.

23 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Could you cut them diagonally and screw them to barn walls as shelves?

Don't do it. They would be hopelessly weak when used like that. The plastic is not thick and they are only strong when well supported. The raised bed in the picture would be hopeless if they didn't have the wooden frame around the top. 

Fairly light things. I did similar with an old mower box and some car plastic a while ago. Very handy shelf and wall pocket. I don’t understand the obsession people have with going out of their way to build with shit things when good things are available though. Like people who are desperate to live in shipping containers.

Don’t need to be desperate! They can make a good living space on a tight budget if you do your own and better than a mobile home Sady made trendy now and will cost 50/80k from one of the many companies converting which has pushed prices up.

12 minutes ago, timbernut said:

Don’t need to be desperate! They can make a good living space on a tight budget if you do your own and better than a mobile home Sady made trendy now and will cost 50/80k from one of the many companies converting which has pushed prices up.

So would a shed though. Easier to work with, no rust, less condensation etc. You have a handle on the trend situation.

• Like 1

Chicken house has some merit, where it lacks aesthetic appeal, it gains back in ease of cleaning / slightly rounded edges & absence of nooks & crannies for mite. 

Like that idea! It’s what these have done but without the trendy colours and over inflated price tag for DFLs. 

And having forgot to add the link,here is the link:

https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/chicken_keeping/

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

11 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Mate of mine has two on his allotment, he has them sat up on a scaffold frame, saves rain water in them for feeding / watering, as hosepipes on allotments are generally scarce.

What, Your mate uses the plastic tanks without the frame?, when I tried that it went pear shaped, literally.

What, Your mate uses the plastic tanks without the frame?, when I tried that it went pear shaped, literally.

He has a scaffold frame that they are sat in but are way up off the ground, the frame has some run around bars to keep the tank from swelling when full. His tanks are pretty solid and rigid though to start with as they used to contain very strong cleaning solutions. The tanks actually came off a farmer mate of ours who used the ibc’s for storing split wood as everyone else is suggesting they do, hence the left over tanks.