LUMAG SSA 400G

davess1402

Briefly looked at them before i got a palax ks35, which in its self is a bit underwhelming.

petrol engine may be expensive to run and they seem lightly built for taking a battering from killed trees for a lifetime, but as a starter machine it could earn you a few quid.. wouldnt say it would like arb waste type wood, forestry poles only methinks. a lot depends what you are processing with it.

could you get a stronger logsplitter and saw seperately for the same money, circular saw type?

On 25/12/2018 at 17:58, Conor Wright said:

Briefly looked at them before i got a palax ks35, which in its self is a bit underwhelming.

petrol engine may be expensive to run and they seem lightly built for taking a battering from killed trees for a lifetime, but as a starter machine it could earn you a few quid.. wouldnt say it would like arb waste type wood, forestry poles only methinks. a lot depends what you are processing with it.

could you get a stronger logsplitter and saw seperately for the same money, circular saw type?

Just looking to see what's about & came across it, we already have a rock splitter, but looking to buy a processor, pal has a tajfun which is an amazing bit of kit, he also has a Hakki pilki eagle which is also a tidy wee machine,at tentative stage just now. 

Edited by davess1402

Local tree firm has bought one but last time I spoke to them about it they were pretty underwhelmed. Poor splitting power in the real world apparently. Not seen it in action but they have had me in with the Farmi before so I am guessing it's not as good as that even though on paper it has a higher tonnage rating than the Farmi.