Rigging assessment.

jfc

Hi Folks,

I have booked myself an assessment only for the Rigging ticket. I having been doing rigging for over 3yrs and had no major mishaps, can rig down anything I need to (basically I know what I am doing) . I got taught by an irata guy and have Art and Science of rigging, and read look up stuff regularly. What else will I need to know to pass? Anyone know if I can get hold of the booklet for the course or the assessment criteria?

Cheers,

Jan.

Good luck.

In all the years I’ve been doing it I’ve never had to lower a horizontal branch (spider leg, cradle whatever it’s called) there’s always a better, quicker way, ie 4/5 separate sections.

I remember a whole day at Merrist Wood learning it with two ropes and one rope etc.

Just an observation really.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Good luck.

In all the years I’ve been doing it I’ve never had to lower a horizontal branch (spider leg, cradle whatever it’s called) there’s always a better, quicker way, ie 4/5 separate sections.

I remember a whole day at Merrist Wood learning it with two ropes and one rope etc.

Just an observation really.

Use it loads myself , crank up the lowering device and pull stuff up and over and around on a cradle .. great over roofs.
Also won’t load a rigging anchor point anything like tip and butt rigging.
  • Like 5

As mentioned set up rigging system.

Knowledge of weights and anticipated loads(log table).

5 steps of risk assesment.

Tip tie,butt tie, horizontal section(cradle)

Sections on a pole(negative rigging)

On lateral sections go out on a limb,butt tie outer section,cradle second section and tip tie last section.There is no impotance placed on size of sections rigged so it doesnt have to be big limbs,just enough to let the rope run on half a wrap.

If you rig regular it will be a peice of piss mate.Just remember all the risk assesment,hazzard analysis,health and safety bollocks answers aswell.

I really enjoyed my rigging course.

We rigged a good sized beech down,some big sections on the stem.

Great fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1