Arbortec trousers

Harry_L

On 28/03/2021 at 19:32, bigtreedon said:

The its cool to look scruffy brigade emoji849.png

No just I'm in a wid in the middle off nowhere an be lucky to wave at a machine operator and if very lucky speak to 1.

I'm off an age when trousers only came in 1 colour per brand, and were affordable.

• 1 month later...
On 28/03/2021 at 13:28, treevolution said:

As they are now out I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on them. 

Like the idea of having an outer layer for when it rains. 

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

I've just bought a pair of type a inners and the pro skin from Radmore Tucker and Skyland respectively.

First impressions were ok, they're comfy and fit snugly. The inners are a bit weird as they've got an elasticated waist band. I thought there's be a break in the waist band to match the fly on the skin's but there isn't so they're a bit tricky to get on and off.

First day of use Monday and the lace hook on the inner bent which I was pretty pissed about. I bought the long leg as I'm about 6'3" but they're still too short and kept riding up past my boots while I was climbing, at time exposing my shins.

They advertise as having deep pockets for wallets and phones etc but I can't wear my harness and have my phone in my pocket because of the leg straps crushing my phone to my leg. There's no cargo pocket and the rear pocket is just as much in the way as the front pockets.

Tuesday the other lace hook ripped itself out of the stitching and Wednesday the button fell off the waist.

I know they're only minor things but I feel like if Arbortec aren't capable of sewing something as simple as a button on then how long is it going to be before they fall apart completely.

After a week of wearing them I'm not at all impressed, hopefully I can get my money back and spend the £300 I just dropped on these on another pair of pfanners.

I vowed never to buy Arbortec again a few years ago and I wish I'd stuck to it to be honest.

• Like 2

I bought some of their proflex type A. I really like them but the material is very thin where it's not re-enforced and I've ended up patching holes after 2 days use from getting caught on macrocarpa twigs whilst loading the chipper. I know it's hard to balance weight/strength but they're definitely too soft. I have some SIP Canopy W/Airs  and they're over a year old with a tonne of abuse and they haven't had a single hole in them 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1

I've just bought a pair of type a inners and the pro skin from Radmore Tucker and Skyland respectively.
First impressions were ok, they're comfy and fit snugly. The inners are a bit weird as they've got an elasticated waist band. I thought there's be a break in the waist band to match the fly on the skin's but there isn't so they're a bit tricky to get on and off.

First day of use Monday and the lace hook on the inner bent which I was pretty pissed about. I bought the long leg as I'm about 6'3" but they're still too short and kept riding up past my boots while I was climbing, at time exposing my shins.

They advertise as having deep pockets for wallets and phones etc but I can't wear my harness and have my phone in my pocket because of the leg straps crushing my phone to my leg. There's no cargo pocket and the rear pocket is just as much in the way as the front pockets.

Tuesday the other lace hook ripped itself out of the stitching and Wednesday the button fell off the waist.

I know they're only minor things but I feel like if Arbortec aren't capable of sewing something as simple as a button on then how long is it going to be before they fall apart completely.

After a week of wearing them I'm not at all impressed, hopefully I can get my money back and spend the £300 I just dropped on these on another pair of pfanners.

I vowed never to buy Arbortec again a few years ago and I wish I'd stuck to it to be honest.

I've had a few pairs of Arbortec trousers ove the years, unfortunately I've either sent them back or sold them on as I find the sizing off once they stretch and wear in. I have had their boots also but didn't last as well as airstreams and I have a smock which is good but the zip broke, to be fair they sent me a new jacket which is still going strong. I remember want to use the trousers but they just don't fit me as well as Pfanner.

On 15/05/2021 at 09:09, All About Trees said:

Pfanners are ticking away in the back ground doing what they have always done .  I am a bit brand loyal as any one on hear knows ( Husky , Pfanner  Harlequins Rugby , Brownming shot guns etc etc ) . There is a reason for this .... Pfanner have never let me down .

Such a good idea! The outer 'shell' is always the first thing to get ripped up and the cargo pockets always get ripped off. But the pfanners are really nice trousers and they really endure. They're the only trousers i have that have gotten worn out, rather than ripped. I love the old stihl hi flex - like trackies innit. But when the ass and crotch split out (which doesn't take too long) they get relegated to wet-weather-under waterproofs only. Can't show that blinding white thigh to the customers.

On 17/05/2021 at 19:49, averagearborist said:

Such a good idea! The outer 'shell' is always the first thing to get ripped up and the cargo pockets always get ripped off. But the pfanners are really nice trousers and they really endure. They're the only trousers i have that have gotten worn out, rather than ripped. I love the old stihl hi flex - like trackies innit. But when the ass and crotch split out (which doesn't take too long) they get relegated to wet-weather-under waterproofs only. Can't show that blinding white thigh to the customers.

It is a good idea but unfortunately very poorly executed. The pockets are coming apart now. I've got a pair of pfanner arborists but I've taken them to a shop to get the knees patched so need to wait for them to come back before I try and get my money back for these embarrassment of a trouser. The pfanners have been great and they're 18 months old now and it's only the knees that have gone the rest of the trousers are grand still. Going to see if I can swap the arbortecs for another pair of pfanners, not holding my breath though so if anyone's looking to buy a pair of Arborflex I might have some for sale, they're really good haha

30 minutes ago, All About Trees said:

It is a good idea but unfortunately very poorly executed. The pockets are coming apart now. I've got a pair of pfanner arborists but I've taken them to a shop to get the knees patched so need to wait for them to come back before I try and get my money back for these embarrassment of a trouser. The pfanners have been great and they're 18 months old now and it's only the knees that have gone the rest of the trousers are grand still. Going to see if I can swap the arbortecs for another pair of pfanners, not holding my breath though so if anyone's looking to buy a pair of Arborflex I might have some for sale, they're really good haha

Its Pfanners all day long for me and I don't work any more 👍

Edited by Stubby

On 28/03/2021 at 23:27, Witterings said:

Will they be available in plush pink 🤣 😂

Yeah but only if you buy the women's fit version, because even though they are PPE for some reason the manufacturers still insist on only making the lasses gear in a fetching pink or purple. I guess they think we want to look effeminate while we're wielding saws and hefting logs around...

• Like 3