Chessa

Leaf Blowers

38 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

I think there is room for an industrial version of big hands

51u0ggxRBaL.jpg.05f34d1c8fcc4b6f3af4b70f838bff3d.jpg

We do actually use these on night shift as blowers in urban areas draw complaints. K

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

We do actually use these on night shift as blowers in urban areas draw complaints. K

This kind-of brings me to one of my points...

When using a vacuum cleaner indoors, one doesn't have to use ear defenders, nor does the person in the next room. 

Obviously, we all need ear defenders while using chainsaws. But tree-work¬†is such an active and focused activity; and when it's done, it's done (for a couple of years at least) and we move on. In contrast;¬†the armies of weekly returning, zombie-moving, droning, ghostbuster pack-style¬†leaf blowers with covered ears in suburban areas¬†just seem¬†so incessantly passive, yet deafening to everyone else around them - including all the winter birds and¬†hibernating animals. (As well as the occasional gardener¬†on adjoining land¬†- who is only using a rake and barrow, with naked ears.¬†ūüė¨)¬†

I'm not sore! Really...¬†ūüėÜ

One thing I would add in favour of manual methods though is it is really valuable raking a lawn, as I don't know any leaf blower that lifts up moss, and perhaps the work-out saves on any Gym fees too? Sweeping keeps long drives weed free with the similar scarifying process it involves, whereas a leaf blower just shoves the valuable composting "detritus" under a hedge or onto adjoining land (or the next person's garden) - which I might happen to be in, and presented with a bit extra to tidy up; after my ears have stopped ringing.

But, the more I think about this, the more I smile - as I realise how much of our lives seem to be just moving vegetation from one area to another; whether manually, with hand tools - or mechanically.

Anyway, thank y'all - I was not worried, but I do feel better for verbally venting this niggle.

Perhaps if leaf- blowers were just quieter?

...perhaps if I was?ūü§ź

Edited by Chessa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1