Retail cost of kindling per KG?

Woodworks

So what about right? Just got a new batch in and the bags are smaller than the last in spite of the cost being the same. I don't make much on kindling but it's nice to have some to offer the customers. So what is a fair retail price to charge per KG. Trying to work it out by all the various bag sizes is a pain.

2 hours ago, richardwale said:

My supplier has recently almost halved the size of the bags, when I complained at the cost being the same she snapped and said the bags were fuller than the other ones. Not true, they weighed less than 2 kg each bag. Won't be going there again.

Ok but timber prices have took a hike this last year with an average increase of 37% we as a small forestry co have never had prices like we are getting at the moment and the only thing i can say is long may it continue,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The price paid for chip for biomass has jumped up recently this has to have an effect on clean softwood available. 

Last year the supermarkets were selling kindling cheap at around a £1 a kilo . This year I see Tesco selling small bags around 1.5 kilos for £2.99

we have held our price for 3 years at £1.80 for 3.7 kilos but our timber source is drying up so the only way we will survive is to pay more for the raw material and increase our price. I would say £2.30 is about right . If we can’t get that sort of money I will shut down but I think a lot of others already have that is why we have been so manically busy recently 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, gensetsteve said:

The price paid for chip for biomass has jumped up recently this has to have an effect on clean softwood available. 

Last year the supermarkets were selling kindling cheap at around a £1 a kilo . This year I see Tesco selling small bags around 1.5 kilos for £2.99

we have held our price for 3 years at £1.80 for 3.7 kilos but our timber source is drying up so the only way we will survive is to pay more for the raw material and increase our price. I would say £2.30 is about right . If we can’t get that sort of money I will shut down but I think a lot of others already have that is why we have been so manically busy recently 

Steve,  Depending on how the brexit and pound go over the next six months I might want some next July.  Am now having to register as an importer in case of a no deal brexit.  

A

On 29/12/2018 at 21:07, Alycidon said:

Steve,  Depending on how the brexit and pound go over the next six months I might want some next July.  Am now having to register as an importer in case of a no deal brexit.  

A

If we are still selling wholesale will be a pleasure