My mate was arrested to day .

Stubby

The police in Glasgow tried to get my son to accept a caution  over a matter which was eventually resolved with no charge and no caution. Luckily a witness was found to clear him of any wrongdoing. Luckily he was under 18 at the time and I was party to the offer of the caution....

Had he accepted the caution there’d be no chance of him being in NZ over the last 4 years.

The police could claim the matter is resolved by using this solution, and people don’t realise how serious it is to admit any liability in order to avoid a court appearance.

if it’s still being investigated your mate needs to be made aware of these cautions as it’s an easy “out” for the police to conclude matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

The police in Glasgow tried to get my son to accept a caution  over a matter which was eventually resolved with no charge and no caution. Luckily a witness was found to clear him of any wrongdoing. Luckily he was under 18 at the time and I was party to the offer of the caution....

Had he accepted the caution there’d be no chance of him being in NZ over the last 4 years.

The police could claim the matter is resolved by using this solution, and people don’t realise how serious it is to admit any liability in order to avoid a court appearance.

if it’s still being investigated your mate needs to be made aware of these cautions as it’s an easy “out” for the police to conclude matters

I wouldn't take a caution, (not for the reason you mention) either charge me or let me go.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

The point is it concludes matters without having to go to court. People tend to think accepting a caution is easier and carries less consequences.

I know where you're coming from, but I've heard this tale about not being able to travel to certain countries if you have cautions/convictions, from first hand experience it isn't correct.

I've not applied for a visa to work in those countries mind.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

I know where you're coming from, but I've heard this tale about not being able to travel to certain countries if you have cautions/convictions, from first hand experience it isn't correct.

It is for the USA 

It maybe doesn’t stop you from travelling but it DOES severely compromise the chance a residency visa in somewhere like NZ or Canada.
  • Like 1

Generally speaking, there are no bad dogs, just bad owners. If your dog has issues with livestock and you want to let them off the lead, don't take them somewhere with sodding livestock. If your dog has recall issues, train them until them don't. If can't train your dog, don't have a dog. You're failing in your responsibility as a dog owner otherwise.

Not all dogs train as easily as others, and I appreciate that. We've a cracking little collie cross called Katie who is 100% reliable with livestock to the point where on a job earlier this year, she was walking to heel to the forwarder as we crossed a field with sheep. The sheep were completely disinterested in her, so often Katie would pass 8-10ft from the ewes without either batting an eyelid. She also puts up with our 1 year old sitting on her amongst and is generally a total doddle to look after.

Either way, I'm glad your friend was released without charge. 

• Like 4