My mate was arrested to day .

Stubby

Unfortunately there are a lot of "special" people in villages and some need to be reminded that the countryside has been around a lot longer then them! They seem to come out of well paid London jobs and don't quite understand why all the serfs the village shouldn't doff their caps to them.

• Like 12

I feel for your friend, however there is a lesson here, never approach some one with a gun, any gun. Never mind if it is unloaded. I had some kids setting light to some old round bales on some waste ground once, they didn’t see me but I had shotgun in my hand, unloaded and hid it before telling them to b****r off, just not worth the chance of any accusations. Also had police helicopter and armed response after me when I had a shot at s pigeon and one of my neighbours rang in hearing a shot and a scream! They weren’t really interested heli speakers told me to unload weapon and put it down then armed response turned up, asked me what I was doing and where I lived. Didn’t even ask my name, told me to pick up shotgun and see you later. Much amusement in the pub that week!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Sounds like an over reaction by the cops, wonder is she married to one, or well known to a "member"?

I'd be livid, on my own land, not breaking any laws. Do the bitch for trespass, pain and suffering, legal costs, upsetting the dogs, trampling a rare plant that grows nowhere else, stepping on a protected snail.. anything but let her away with it!! but given the response of the cops, such a reaction to a citizen on his own turf, literally, it must be safe to presume that all the muslim terrorists, heroin traffickers, human traffickers, thieves, lawyers and politicians have already been arrested.. so thats good news.

Why only the Muslim terrorists?

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

They let him go last night with out charge but still under investigation .

its barmy when it comes to bunny huggers  and some one like your mate just doing a bit of vermin control having a run in, the law will always be on the side of the bunny hugger , i would go and but one sheep put that on the land, next time the dogs came on i would be doing some vermin control as long as every thing looked right round me,

if its in live stock you are totally within your right to pull the trigger, a relative of mine had a lot of trouble last year with dog walkers letting there dogs off on his land amongst sheep with lambs, he lost 14 sheep and 9 lambs in a week last year due to dog owners letting there dogs off, he armed his self with a go pro camera and the correct fire power for the job, 3.45pm a couple come through gate in to field with 2 staffies and a bullmastive, none of them on leads with in 60 seconds the mastive was hanging on to a sheep and the 2 staffies joining in shortly after Neil the land owner/farmer shouted and whistled the dogs 3 times and they still carried on and then the owners started shouting there dogs and they still carried on 30 seconds and 3 shots all 3 dogs laid dead,dog owners came marching up the field shouting and playing holly F--K with him and asked what the hell he was doing he just smiled and said protecting my live stock from rampaging dogs, yon can imagine what the rest of the conversation was like, the boys in blue arrived and calmed the situation and it was 2 very different stories then Neil handed one of the police the camera and played it back he just looked at the dog owners and said to them, well its not like what you said, its a lot different would you like to watch it, bothe declined, and they asked the officer if was going to arrest the farmer and the officer said what for he has done nothing out side of the law, they where then told to remove there animals from the field, it turned out they where from chelsea up here in a holiday cottage on a easter break, Neil shortly after recieved a soliciters letter asking for compensation for the dogs so a counter claim was sent back with video and photos but did,nt hear owt back, 

• Like 7