chipper shute moving

jose

HI all

Cant remember asking and cant find a answer.

I have a timberwold tw230 chipper and we have to take the chute off daily for storage.

As a result the chute never tightens down properly. The bar is tight as it will go but as soon as you chip it bounces due to the vibrations of chippings as turns to the side resulting in ending up spraying outside of the van. Obviously this isnt good especially if there is a car or such near by.

Ive tighten it, main dealer also did and it doesnt stay tight for more than a day before it does it again.

I dont even great it as that just makes it worse!

I use a bungee to control it but this isnt a very good solution and it always ends up broke when the truck is moved and not unclipped.

Has anyone else had this issue and how have you resolved this?

Im thinking perhaps a section of tubing or such i can fix over the top ( end of the chute) with a hole for a bungee tied to the cross member of the back of the truck ( in front of the roof section).

This wont stop it moving completely but perhaps limit it.

The other thought i had was to drill some holes through the 2 lips of where the chute attaches to the main body allowing me to insert a slim bolt or such to stop it moving but i am very reluctant to do this approach.

In an ideal world i would have the chute attached in a fold down system similar to what green mech did a few yrs back but seeing as its a round chute i dont think this would be possible.

SO after and hints or solutions people may have.

Many thanks

Jose

mine is 3 yrs old in April. Its a right PITA!

I have a local engineering firm i use for various stuff but normally i end up creating a solution for them to implement which always annoys me. i dont do metal work so i want them to come up with solutions of whats achievable.

Thought id ask here before going there.

Mine was good for the first yr or so but ever since its been bad.

HI all
Cant remember asking and cant find a answer.
I have a timberwold tw230 chipper and we have to take the chute off daily for storage.
As a result the chute never tightens down properly. The bar is tight as it will go but as soon as you chip it bounces due to the vibrations of chippings as turns to the side resulting in ending up spraying outside of the van. Obviously this isnt good especially if there is a car or such near by.
Ive tighten it, main dealer also did and it doesnt stay tight for more than a day before it does it again.
I dont even great it as that just makes it worse!
I use a bungee to control it but this isnt a very good solution and it always ends up broke when the truck is moved and not unclipped.

Has anyone else had this issue and how have you resolved this?
Im thinking perhaps a section of tubing or such i can fix over the top ( end of the chute) with a hole for a bungee tied to the cross member of the back of the truck ( in front of the roof section).
This wont stop it moving completely but perhaps limit it.
The other thought i had was to drill some holes through the 2 lips of where the chute attaches to the main body allowing me to insert a slim bolt or such to stop it moving but i am very reluctant to do this approach.
In an ideal world i would have the chute attached in a fold down system similar to what green mech did a few yrs back but seeing as its a round chute i dont think this would be possible.
SO after and hints or solutions people may have.
Many thanks
Jose

Post some pics if you can in the daylight, might give lads a better idea of what they are looking at, also may highlight something different to others to maybe help you out