Cheapest pick up on the market?

markieg31

Agree with Woodworks.

Plenty of second hand lifestyle vehicles out there that have never done a days work.

You won't find them with the basic spec, though, or if you did you'd be very lucky.

Almost worth looking for one without a tow bar and factoring in the price of fitting one, you know for sure then it's had an easy life.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, markieg31 said:

Looking to go hp as it will wprknout better tax wise i think. Have seen a couple of dmax second hand on main dealer website 20k miles and considerably cheaper than new low spec ones.

You need to drive one before you even think about buying, my mate had one less then a year most uncomfortable truck he has driven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markieg31 said:

Looking to go hp as it will wprknout better tax wise i think. Have seen a couple of dmax second hand on main dealer website 20k miles and considerably cheaper than new low spec ones.

HP shouldn't make any difference to the tax you pay (other than the interest paid coming off your tax bill). The asset will be depreciated the same if you had paid cash. It only makes a difference on contract hire. 

For what it's worth. In your position I would buy a high spec 3.0 Hilux for £12,000 over any of the new pickups. It will hold its money and shouldn't break down to much. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cheapest pickup out there is a Great wall Steed Double Cab

I have one for sale as need to upgrade to a larger van for machinery.

29k miles 6Year warranty (has 3 years left)

2L engine 4x4

new set of all terrains 

new brakes and pads. 

full service history. 

Tow bar with electrics fitted. 

Spec as standard: air con, Heated seats, Leather seats, 6spd gear box.

cost me around 16k when i bought it, only looking for 10k