Cheapest pick up on the market?

markieg31

What is the cheapest main stream pick up on the market?

Looking for low spec truck, no need for chrome, alloys and leather seats. Got to be a double cab.

When you look for comparisons on trucks all you find is top spec motors which are a waste of time on the farm.

Whats your budget?

8 minutes ago, Harry_L said:

I would also be interested in what pickup truck has the best fuel economy?

Something I was very interested in when I bought a Dmax but what I quickly realised is book figures and real world figures are very different matter. Sitting on the sidelines and reading posts on trucks over the years Nivaras seem consistently good on MPG.

think 35 would be the best to expect on a pick up. An old isuzu 2.5td 02 would get 40 and may be 45 on a run but was gutless.

i am looking for a 4x4 double cab btw for a mix of farming, tree work and mountain bike uplift amongst other things

Whats ur budget??

38 minutes ago, Harry_L said:

Do you think pickups do roughly 35 mpg on average?

You would be hellish lucky or live somewhere very flat. Most guys I know driving Devon lanes for work  average between 25-28mpg. Best my Dmax did was just under 30 on a run to the APF and back but that was Friday night job haha. My new-old 08 Hilux is averaging 25.

Mark why new?

If you are looking for good value surly a good second hand truck is far better. They loose 25% the moment you take it out the showroom. I get that you dont want bells and whistles and that can be hard to avoid but they help when it comes to second hand value.