How many people have ever broken a double braid rigging rope?

Treerover

To be fair it was the groundys first day doing proper big negative rigging I can only say it was my fault for not taking on what he was doing and talking him through it better. So we both learnt some thing, I am glad he took on the reasons why you never stand under a negative rigged stem though.

Haven’t snapped one myself (always err on the side of caution when rigging) but I’ve seen it happen.
Big beach stem ringed off a co-Dom luckily the peace being rigged dropped butt first and wedged in the ground and against the tree. Again to many raps on the bollard and the 16mm rigging line just snapped like a bit of sting. I can’t remember if it was double brand or not because we were more concerned about getting the unattached stem down safely. I was knocking over some smaller ash down the other end of the garden and turned round to see it happen followed by the climber shouting just about every swear word under the sun. No one hurt and nothing damaged but a heart stopping moment non the less.

• Like 1

I have a feeling as an Arb Approved contractor John has already done the rigging course.

i haven’t snapped but had a double braid melt onto itself and the bollard.

Inexperience Groundy and more than likely my fault for not spoon feeding him on the day.  We had already rigged most of a mature Red Oak down over a brick driveway.  Maybe 20-30 sections lowered.  

On this occasion i said to let go let it run, so he put 5 wraps on the porty and then as the lump detached I noticed out of the corner of my eye he was had let go of the riggin rope.  Hence the melting from the lack of action from the melt.

• Like 1