Tis the time of year,where people steal, we lose our cheer

JamesSkingley

Hey guys, sorry to bring more gloom but. Working up in Bradford area today and the lovely xmas elves came and helped themselves to our gear. Out of sight and locked away. £1500 worth of winch gear taken from our toolbox. If anyone hears of a pcw5000 (brand bloody new) portawinch, drop us a word. Despite this,wishing you all a very merry Christmas. 

• Sad 4

Sorry to hear that James.
We had an odd one this week.
Working clearing trees on a site in central Manchester,
All fenced off and inside gated car park for flats.
The guy who scans for cables pipes etc had his stuff nicked on Wednesday morning on site.
Which is odd, as our team are really twitchy and keep a good eye out.
We saw no one.
The detector guy asks the caretaker to see the cctv footage.
Caretaker says they aren't cameras but sensors for the lights.
Bullshot.
On Friday morning, the caretaker turns up with all this guys kit.
"I found these in my office, don't know who put them there" he says.
Lying ****er.
It isn't always junkie, pitey types.
[emoji51]

On 15/12/2018 at 09:15, spudulike said:

Looks like Cash Convertors didn't know what the kit was or offer anything for it!

I think Cash convertor are wise to the fact that modern Cats gps locate themselves when they are switched on - bet they couldn't get him out of the shop fast enuff ! K

Sorry to hear you were targeted by the scum.. after running some scum out of my own yard last Friday and Saturday nights, keeping watch for four nights, thinking they had fo'd i finally fell victim to the persistent little scrotes. Having dropped off the mewp after a hedge job i left one of the long reach hedge trimmers in the basket, came back this evening. Gone. Entirely my own fault for not locking it up.. but still a kick in the hole. The law is doing so very little to protect those of us who ultimately contribute to their wages being paid. If they come again they will not walk out.

I doubt they are going to use this themselves, so is the cheapo who is happy to give them 100 quid for a 800 (euro) machine equally to blame? As for the caretaker... should he be fired? Or will he then go full time pilfering..? It's a hard one..