Troublesome Ms261

lewisyounger16

The Gunson gauge is OK and fit to measure the compression of small engines unless they have changed the type of valve they use lately. You are measuring the compression with 5-7 fast pulls on the recoil handle aren't you?

The results on another decent machine will be interesting. Fine dirt in the gauze filter is a common issue, probably worth flushing your fuel tank to ensure it doesn't have any chip in it and check your fuel can as well.

The Gunson gauge is OK and fit to measure the compression of small engines unless they have changed the type of valve they use lately. You are measuring the compression with 5-7 fast pulls on the recoil handle aren't you?
The results on another decent machine will be interesting. Fine dirt in the gauze filter is a common issue, probably worth flushing your fuel tank to ensure it doesn't have any chip in it and check your fuel can as well.
I'll check my ms260 and my 026 at the weekend and compare. I gave it about 5 pulls, normal pills not especially yanking on it

Yank on it till your eyes water.....what were we talking about....oh yes, compression.....yank on it hard:$ 5-7 pulls, until the needle doesn't rise any more. The first pull should make around 70-100psi on a healthy saw. The rough guide is that a hard first pull will  be half of the final compression after 5-7 pulls. The 10mm adaptor will strip off around 15-20psi so bear that in mind.

Yank on it till your eyes water.....what were we talking about....oh yes, compression.....yank on it hard[emoji5] 5-7 pulls, until the needle doesn't rise any more. The first pull should make around 70-100psi on a healthy saw. The rough guide is that a hard first pull will  be half of the final compression after 5-7 pulls. The 10mm adaptor will strip off around 15-20psi so bear that in mind.
Turns out I was reading the inside of the gun son which is mpa, outside is psi and it has around 160-170 psi

4 minutes ago, lewisyounger16 said:
On 14/12/2018 at 18:08, spudulike said:
Yank on it till your eyes water.....what were we talking about....oh yes, compression.....yank on it hardemoji5.png 5-7 pulls, until the needle doesn't rise any more. The first pull should make around 70-100psi on a healthy saw. The rough guide is that a hard first pull will  be half of the final compression after 5-7 pulls. The 10mm adaptor will strip off around 15-20psi so bear that in mind.

Read more  

Turns out I was reading the inside of the gun son which is mpa, outside is psi and it has around 160-170 psi

That's more like it !

10 minutes ago, lewisyounger16 said:
37 minutes ago, Wonky said:
Uhh, operator error emoji848.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji41.png well  I’m  happy, you’ve had a happy ending tugging away. Must have put a smile on your face.emoji6.png

Nothing makes me happier than just pulling it and pulling it all night long.

Are you really Mattalot ? ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewisyounger16 said:
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:08, spudulike said:
Yank on it till your eyes water.....what were we talking about....oh yes, compression.....yank on it hardemoji5.png 5-7 pulls, until the needle doesn't rise any more. The first pull should make around 70-100psi on a healthy saw. The rough guide is that a hard first pull will  be half of the final compression after 5-7 pulls. The 10mm adaptor will strip off around 15-20psi so bear that in mind.

Oh dear, could you change your username to T*at9_9

• Haha 1