how much do tree surgeons earn

New boots

I wasnt taking the piss - my estimate of 12hrs for me was serious. Matty F has said elsewhere hes done 22 years of it. I wouldnt be surprised if hes at least twice as quick as me. He must be worth a few quid now hes spent the time to get good at something

Thanks dude , that’s all it is though time , there are many out there quicker and more productive , all those years have given me is maybe the techniques n experience to get it done quicker, I’m certainly not a quick climber no more... and if I do climb quick and go all out I certainly feel it the next day , gone are doing 6-7 day weeks in a rope n harness.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Thanks dude , that’s all it is though time , there are many out there quicker and more productive , all those years have given me is maybe the techniques n experience to get it done quicker, I’m certainly not a quick climber no more... and if I do climb quick and go all out I certainly feel it the next day , gone are doing 6-7 day weeks in a rope n harness.

You utter lightweight ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

I wasnt taking the piss - my estimate of 12hrs for me was serious. Matty F has said elsewhere hes done 22 years of it. I wouldnt be surprised if hes at least twice as quick as me. He must be worth a few quid now hes spent the time to get good at 

6 hours ago, MattyF said:

No dude ... point I’m trying to make is it can take longer to do a reduction properly than fell a tree and in that case two trees planted at the same time with the same targets fence and road the felling was far quicker.

Na I get what your saying mate 100% agree reductions are way harder and take longer. Just saying your bloody quick to get that done in half a day.

8 hours ago, Clicky said:

Yeah tell me about it MattyF must be jesus

It's irritating, but they're out there. 

I consider myself pretty decent at reductions, but they do soak up the hours. When you see someone like Matty who can smash out a decent reduction on a big tree in a few hours its a mixture of awe and thinking "You prick...".

People saying that dismantles are harder are kidding themselves. A removal is either done or its not. There's so much more to consider with a reduction. Any large removal I've ever done has consisted of tie, cut, repeat. I'll take dismantles Abby day over reductions. 

20170517_124220.jpg

20181210_132608.jpg

• Like 2

That’s some quality work joe[emoji1303] I can still remember my first big reduction, usual lead climber was ill so had this huge sycamore to my self .. it was in for a day , it over ran by a day and I smashed two roof tiles over a 3 story house ,I was 18 had been climbing only a year. That was near on 25 years ago!

I think I can reduce a tree better climbing than myself cutting in a mewp ,you just get to know what will stuck out and what won’t with out asking so you can keep on moving and climbing to the next area.

Yeah that’s my take on dismantling it’s the same thing , I remember being in awe of seeing one of my first big dismantles , climber on 3 strand and a old troll harness , metal 020 it consisted of spiking up and cutting the side limbs off and snatching a big top on some big 3 strand polyprop natural crutch stylee with some wraps around the trunk and being in the pub for an early finish , I think that’s we all strived for was an early finish to be in the pub for 3 , didn’t have time to mince around with fancy gadgets un gear !

• Like 1