Frustrating new log customers!!!!

cessna

On 09/12/2018 at 22:24, cessna said:

New customers that do not know where to put logs when you arrive  with their logs!!!

Customers in towns who order logs BUT do not think of where you are going to park when you deliver the logs!!!!!!

Where are these new customers brains!!!

Oh today  I asked a customer if Saturday was her best day to deliver she says yes ,and then her partner says can you deliver on a Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will leave it that, but do the general  public think firewood suppliers are akin to  travellers and we can be treated as such.   

Don't worry those pesky people have no idea of the real world.

that's why escaped it and went all gypo. Lol

6 hours ago, logstore said:

I was told I had a customer turned up on Boxing day at 8am for some logs , we are gratefull for the business but people need to plan ahead we are open 7 days a week during season for delivery and collection and only close for three days over christmass, maybe I need to be a bit more selfish but not so easy when trying to build a business need to find a balance ! what are your thoughts?

Put up a sign saying closed for Christmas . ( we are open 7 days/ week the rest of the year ! )

I stopped doing logs because of being messed around on numerous occasions, got to a point were i used to either give the arb waste away or just set fire to it and we produce an awful lot of it.The labour cost to process it bag it and deliver it just wasn’t worth the £70.

• Like 1

I had a new customer before Xmas. We arranged for a delivery on the Saturday before Xmas between 10 and 11am. I got a text at about 8.30 on the morning of delivery saying she was going to be in London but would be back by 4pm, could I deliver then? I explained that it would have to be at 4pm and no later as I was busy after that. I also told her that at the end of the day I was closing up for Xmas. That was all agreed and I was down at my wood yard loading the trailer early so I could be away on time. Trailer was all loaded and I was having a tea with my partner's parents when I get a text at 2.30 saying she had missed her train and would be later than 4;could I deliver in the morning? I explained again that it was now or never and said I would drop them off if she would drop the money off or PayPal me the money the next day. If I hadn't already loaded up, she wouldn't have got them. All ok, so I made the delivery. I hadn't had the money by the following evening and didn't get paid until I had asked at 7pm when she was planning on bringing me my money, upon which it was quickly PayPalled. Guess who's on the 'not again' list?

• Like 1

New customers that do not know where to put logs when you arrive  with their logs!!!

Customers in towns who order logs BUT do not think of where you are going to park when you deliver the logs!!!!!!

Where are these new customers brains!!!

Oh today  I asked a customer if Saturday was her best day to deliver she says yes ,and then her partner says can you deliver on a Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will leave it that, but do the general  public think firewood suppliers are akin to  travellers and we can be treated as such.   

So glad I have packed logs in, for all the reasons you stated and the fact there’s fook all money in it!