Large tree felling and Windblown trees course

Roby

1 hour ago, Roby said:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking for ppl from Avon and Somerset, Gloucester, Swindon area, who want to take CS32, CS34. My intention is to come out cheaper than £600++. We might arrange the assessment for ourselves.

If interested, please drop me an email or just reply here.

[email protected]

are you planning to do this on the same day ? 

10 hours ago, Roby said:

No plans yet. Probably, yes. Depends on common interests.

Would be great to get the LANTRA books than book the assessment. I might can help with felling site.

What do you think?

i dont know how much you have looked in to this ? but i dont think you can do CS32 & 34 in same day ? have a word with a trainer and take his addvise and may be do 32 and gain some expierance with bigger wood for a while, and if your doing winblown dont do the singular do the multiple CS 34/35 combined together, windblown is a different ball game all together and is not for the faint hearted and please be carefull, we do a fair amount of windblown and its a thinking game working out where to start for the best approach and whats going to go where ,,,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

I did my CS32 on Monday, 1 to 1 with an assessor in Devon for £130. I can pass on his details if you wish, as he'll cover your area.

cheap that J, one guy up here wants £350 for the day if its 1 or 2 people and if its 3 or 4 it goes up £60 a person for the 3rd & 4th, he dont do much asscesing and i cant think why ? he is very close to me but he would be my last call for 2 reasons 1) expense 2) every thing has to be text book perfect and if its not one example of this was a lad did 32 gob was right hinge was good but back cut and gob where about 15 mm out of paralel but back cut still above gob on bothe sides, so he made him do another one,

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

cheap that J, one guy up here wants £350 for the day if its 1 or 2 people and if its 3 or 4 it goes up £60 a person for the 3rd & 4th, he dont do much asscesing and i cant think why ? he is very close to me but he would be my last call for 2 reasons 1) expense 2) every thing has to be text book perfect and if its not one example of this was a lad did 32 gob was right hinge was good but back cut and gob where about 15 mm out of paralel but back cut still above gob on bothe sides, so he made him do another one,

I use Mike Crutchley. He's back again in January doing winching tickets for us. Then I'll need a tractor based forwarder ticket shortly thereafter. 

My medium trees took about 2 hours all in. A forward leaner, a backward leaner and one that wasn't leaning. Simples. Still learned a bit though, so I'd never say that they weren't useful courses.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spuddog0507 said:

Not nice, is it?
Although, I would read and learn the book first. All the feedbacks of real-life accumulates in them so books surely teach some general wisdom. You can learn from other ppl's mistakes.