Flu...

Ty Korrigan

Has anyone had this?

Not 'man flu' or the 24hr chill I have often had most years nor is this a heavy cold. 

I last had real flu over 25 years ago.

I screwed me up for a couple of weeks then.

I've now been housebound for 6 days, much spent sleeping through fever, aches, cramps, repeat fever, sweated through bedclothes...

Now I'm feeling more lucid but very weak.

Mrs Lee has it too though her symptoms are less.

I tried to change an angry toddlers nappy earlier. 

I lay down after, heart racing, muscles aching and felt I'll never lift a saw again.

Unless I experience a miraculous recovery I can see next week being written off too.

I understand now just how olders might be carried away by flu.

It is quite horrible, very serious and debilitating.

Next year I'll organise a vaccination for my wife and I.

Only upside is that this week of illness coincided with some terrible weather and my climber got a rest and a chance to work on his renovation.

No clients have been lost either which is considerate of them.

Stuart

59 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Has anyone had this?

Not 'man flu' or the 24hr chill I have often had most years nor is this a heavy cold. 

I last had real flu over 25 years ago.

I screwed me up for a couple of weeks then.

I've now been housebound for 6 days, much spent sleeping through fever, aches, cramps, repeat fever, sweated through bedclothes...

Now I'm feeling more lucid but very weak.

Mrs Lee has it too though her symptoms are less.

I tried to change an angry toddlers nappy earlier. 

I lay down after, heart racing, muscles aching and felt I'll never lift a saw again.

Unless I experience a miraculous recovery I can see next week being written off too.

I understand now just how olders might be carried away by flu.

It is quite horrible, very serious and debilitating.

Next year I'll organise a vaccination for my wife and I.

Only upside is that this week of illness coincided with some terrible weather and my climber got a rest and a chance to work on his renovation.

No clients have been lost either which is considerate of them.

Stuart

From an old git ....No . I don't think I have had flu like that . Had glandular fever that sounds similar . Lost a day or two of my life with that . Of course being an old git I get a flu jab for free each year .

35 minutes ago, Stubby said:

From an old git ....No . I don't think I have had flu like that . Had glandular fever that sounds similar . Lost a day or two of my life with that . Of course being an old git I get a flu jab for free each year .

Yes, I had glandular fever at 18.

2 weeks off work with that.

Stuart

1 minute ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Yes, I had glandular fever at 18.

2 weeks off work with that.

Stuart

Hi Stuart . Yes not a lot of fun is that . I was about 20 . Had to pass up being best man at my mates wedding . Apparently it take 6 months to incubate once you have contracted it .  I do remember another bloke I worked with having it about 6 months prior .  They mix your blood with sheeps blood to determine if you have it . 

I had flu when I was a teenager. It had me on my back for 2 weeks straight and I couldn’t eat a thing and could barely drink. My body felt like it was 100 years old and I couldn’t even lift the kettle to make a lemsip type drink.
I still think about that flu 18 years on and it worries me that I could get that I’ll again, back then I was just off school, now with kids and a business I don’t know how I would manage especially is the misses was down with it as well.
I don’t envy you and I wish you a quick recovery.

• Like 1