Time off at Xmas -- How much are you taking

forestboy1978

I think I have it worked out I'm having 13 days off. Dunno about anyone but I need it, I'm absolutely shattered last few days and down in the dumps for some reason I don't even know. 

I am not broke but I'm not comfortable but sod it I'm not working. It's my own fault. Just, always gotta do everything at once and finish the process so just spent way too much like a damn fool. 

Good thing about a longer break is I don't really get weekends. On a longer break you can actually do nothing and not worry about doing nothing for a while and work piling up.

I can't fully enjoy it though due to low money and not much in the bag work wise. Just ticking over ATM so there is the obv worry of keeping work coming in in the new year. 

Always do nothing outside (other than livestock) Christmas Eve and day and Boxing Day. Like the fact the phone and email goes quiet for a fortnight though and enjoy a bit of tinkering, tidying up and doing the jobs I choose to do rather than the ones that shout loudest/pay most.

i don’t feel guilty about having the fire on, feet up and beer in hand by about 3pm most days from Christmas Eve right through to first proper week of the new year. Prefer doing a good bit especially with no customer pressure then relaxing, as is common with other threads on here if I don’t I get bored quickly and don’t enjoy it. 

• Like 2

I'd much sooner go to work than pointlessly run about in the rain.

In fact, if I ever went pointlessly running around in the rain I'd be very concerned for my sanity.

Besides that, I won't be doing much on the bank holidays but otherwise happily out working.

2 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

yeah gonna try and enjoy it. I do like the fact that for 2 weeks each year phone an email goes dead. I prefer to have Jan booked though when that happens. 

Just dragged my ass out for a run in rain to pick myself up but god it's grim out there lol

Could be the low light levels at this time of year getting you down . It does have an affect on me .

• Like 1

I always try to take between Christmas eve and new year off, except for a few hours a day to do livestock and essentials.

I normally end up working more than I want to but I don't take any other holidays so it's nice to break the year up and reset if nothing else.

Unfortunately firewood customers don't seem to listen to that.  :)

53 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I'd much sooner go to work than pointlessly run about in the rain.

In fact, if I ever went pointlessly running around in the rain I'd be very concerned for my sanity.

Besides that, I won't be doing much on the bank holidays but otherwise happily out working.

I am concerned about it. Feeling rough. Running sometimes helps.

You know what they say about people who don't question their sanity...