How long is too long for mill trailer

LeeGray

10 minutes ago, Justme said:

I looked on the website but its not listed.

The standard length is 3.1m

The OP is wanting nearer 7m.

Most would trailer it small & then site it & add the extension.

Never known a mobile miller remove the mill from the trailer, add bits to it and set up on the floor. 

Just now, LeeGray said:

The website says 770kg for standard length, no fuel or cutting fluid so would possibly be ok if you didn’t mind removing something more than 20kg and carried fuel and water in the truck. I’d want it over a weigh bridge though to be sure. 

Mines 22’ track so definitely over.

Where did you find that? Looked everywhere! 

Im now torn between the Hm130 XL and the new Logosol B751, which looks the absalute dogs and has a lot of add on features coming out soon. But no Trailer. :/ 

So what do you do with yours as its over 750kg then? 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Where did you find that? Looked everywhere! 

Im now torn between the Hm130 XL and the new Logosol B751, which looks the absalute dogs and has a lot of add on features coming out soon. But no Trailer. :/ 

So what do you do with yours as its over 750kg then? 

Move it on flat trailer but it’s a complete faff hence the reason for the original post. I don’t use it much off site but will do more if I can just turn up, mill and go! It just not professional or profitable to set up site off a seperate trailer and start building it up in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

The website says 770kg for standard length, no fuel or cutting fluid so would possibly be ok if you didn’t mind removing something more than 20kg and carried fuel and water in the truck. I’d want it over a weigh bridge though to be sure. 

Mines 22’ track so definitely over.

Is that inc trailer?

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Is is not the braked/unbraked issue?

No issue, I was just asking what length I could go to. Got a sensible answer pretty much straight away and a good suggestion about turning the mill through 90 degrees which I think I’ll go for.

• Like 2