Mower rip off

herne

Morning all. Wonder if anyone else has had problems with the below? A friend has 'purchased' from the 'company' and not received goods. Obvious debt recovery case but wanted to highlight to prevent anyone else getting stung.

The 'company' is MowDirect. They are on the web.  The address they give is :- Brick Kiln Lane, Morningthorpe, NR15 2LH. The change of company address is MowDirect-Chipperfield, 72 High St. London, Colney AL2 1QN

The customer support person is supposedly named SallyAnn. Their telephone no. is :- 020 3697 9432

There are numerous complaints about customers getting cheated. Aparrently, Chipperfield was the new company they set up in order to close the other one and wipe out their debts to customers.

Cheers

G

11 hours ago, herne said:

Morning all. Wonder if anyone else has had problems with the below? A friend has 'purchased' from the 'company' and not received goods. Obvious debt recovery case but wanted to highlight to prevent anyone else getting stung.

The 'company' is MowDirect. They are on the web.  The address they give is :- Brick Kiln Lane, Morningthorpe, NR15 2LH. The change of company address is MowDirect-Chipperfield, 72 High St. London, Colney AL2 1QN

The customer support person is supposedly named SallyAnn. Their telephone no. is :- 020 3697 9432

There are numerous complaints about customers getting cheated. Aparrently, Chipperfield was the new company they set up in order to close the other one and wipe out their debts to customers.

Cheers

G

just what you need pay your money and get F - - K all, but thats what happens when you buy on line, there is so much scamming going on on line and on ebay and facebook as well, on line its easy just set up a website and email address take payments for goods, dont send goods because there aint any to send, close it all down and set up another website etc very easy way to make money,i have had several emails of late from what is supposed to be BT asking me to update my account and check bank details and if not correct, correct them, yeh ok, emails coming from non bt address and the spelling is much worse than mine proberbly from some one in Timbuck too who wants to raise funds to buy a new Donkey,,,

Google earth search on those postcodes might be helpful, if only to re-assure you that they are actually existant.

Second one is a warehouse marked* as Mowers Direct and the sign on the door says 'Chipperfields' - there's a mower on the sign and mowers in the yard. Street view screen-save below.

(First post code lands in the middle of a field! But 'Hemnal Mower Centre' is flagged on a lane beside it. Sign at gate (on street view) suggests a tech firm is now there. )

*marked by a google earth pin not by a road-side sign

1990196068_SCSAMoDir.thumb.png.2caa72a3cce5bb47b26bd157faed792f.png

Just for balance -

I bought a rideon mower from Chipperfield earlier this year as they were £400 cheaper than most.  Courier messed up the delivery so they sent their own van down to us to deliver the machine, a 170 mile round trip down to the Ashdown Forest.  Mower had been fully set up an PDI'd with a full tank of petrol ready to mow.  They responded well during the process and generally tried to do the right thing when the courier went astray.

Incidentally the rideon was a 42" Al-ko which has been fantastic.

Address very near meThey are/were a genuine firm, originally a normal garden machinery sales n repair family run business who went for internet sales in a big way. And moved to address in previous post a few years ago, I believe they’ve moved most of their operation nearer London cos some other person bought into it, don’t think he’s helped the business. Sally Ann used to work in the village P.O. I think!

• 1 year later...

I've bought lots of things from MowDirect and have been down their London Colney showroom as well as ordering online. I've never had any issues and have always been very happy with products bought ( Mowers, Scariffiers  and blowers)   Everyone down there is super friendly and knowledgeable.  Mowdirect and Chipperfiedl operate from the same warehouse, the old Chipperfield was bought by MowDirect or the other way round and have new people in charge!