020av clutch help please

Say

Hi all

im new to this site and in need of help please. I can't find any help anywhere and bow to your experience. I own a stihl 020av super, had it for years. It had the old type clutch on with the shoes but one was breaking down so got the newer type from my stihl stockists, they're ok but not much advice. Well the problem I have is the newer clutch has the nut in in the centre to tighten it up where as the old one doesn't. When I put the cover plate on the securing nut doesn't go on as far as the old one.

Would this be an issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys/gals

Edited by Say

Thanks for your fast response.

will upload photo later. The guy at the Stihl dealer said the one I have is what they do now, no material on the shoe. I have done endless research and it’s getting harder to find parts for this saw, or I’m looking in the wrong places.

Photos will help so will do that later. 

Thanks everyone

Ok here are some photos that will hopefully help with my problem. The clutch with no nut is the older original clutch with the material missing and the one with the nut fom the stihl dealer. As you can see from the housing there isn't much room for the securing nut.

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Don’t quote me on this, but......and a big but. The ipl (illustrated parts list) does not show that big washer whither the new clutch that you have now) in which  you have now seemed to have it turned round so it fits on, ( the ipl seems to show it the other way round with the old clutch I don’t think you need the big washer and nut. The ipl does not show it on the other page.. the new clutch has the nut on it.

So i still think it needs to be confirmed by someone with more knowledge than myself.

cheers

E8AF3F7E-A51A-4774-AA82-5A8B7419AA48.jpeg

1381E993-B251-45D0-9623-EF8152420F1F.jpeg

Edited by Wonky
Add pic

lol I know what you mean wonky, I've looked and looked but I'm not getting the answers from the net for my saw. I think it's classed as vintage now. There are the old type clutches on the bay but theyre silly money and postage as some from USA. By the time I've finished getting the older type clutch I could put the money to another saw but just trying to fix this one first as it's a great little saw