Advice needed!

Doobop

My dad trimmed his overhanging hedge a few years back and threw the branches back over nextdoors fence as she wouldnt talk or reason with him. The day after she threw em all back and posted a letter through my dads door saying “thank you for the fire wood but i dont need it!”
So i went round and threw em all back over in a pile on her drive posting a note through her door saying “we dont either but thanks for the offer also, and if any of it returned over the fence again i’d throw it back and create a fire for her!” [emoji51]
Police landed [emoji849] and asked what the issue was... blah blah blah, we explained what the scenario was, its her hedge overhanging our fence etc, they said it was a domestic dispute and left [emoji16][emoji106]
I got a polite word in my ear from one officer, asking me to please not set fire to anything as he had read my threatening note and thought it would be a silly thing to do. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] she still doesnt talk to any of us to this day. Ha!

• Like 1

I did once ratchet strap an extension ladder to the ladder rack on a transit. 

The less said said about that the better :scared1:

H&S was considered less in the old days

Hey Gary, What happens if after being side pruned, the tree becomes unstable with the weight only on one side? Or disease and decay entering into the tree through inter-nodal ‘boundary cuts’ Would there be any liability issues on the part of the contractor or would that fall to the owner?

31 minutes ago, Ratman said:

My dad trimmed his overhanging hedge a few years back and threw the branches back over nextdoors fence as she wouldnt talk or reason with him. The day after she threw em all back and posted a letter through my dads door saying “thank you for the fire wood but i dont need it!”
So i went round and threw em all back over in a pile on her drive posting a note through her door saying “we dont either but thanks for the offer also, and if any of it returned over the fence again i’d throw it back and create a fire for her!” emoji51.png
Police landed emoji849.png and asked what the issue was... blah blah blah, we explained what the scenario was, its her hedge overhanging our fence etc, they said it was a domestic dispute and left emoji16.pngemoji106.png
I got a polite word in my ear from one officer, asking me to please not set fire to anything as he had read my threatening note and thought it would be a silly thing to do. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png she still doesnt talk to any of us to this day. Ha!

As I understand it legally your old man was in the wrong. 

I believe you have to offer the arisings back as technically its the owners property, but if they decline its your responsibility to remove them.

You can't just stuff it back and make them deal with it basically

• Like 7

?‍♂️ he asked her but she just walked away, never even spoke, he asked her twice actually but to be ignored the 2nd time was even more rude than first. Its done with now anyhow.
Does that mean Doobop needs to offer his trimmings to the awkward neighbour too then, or are circumstances different with it being a tree?