Advice needed!

Doobop

35 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I'd forgotten about this, we looked at it briefly in college in regard to accessing the far side of a clients hedge.

I han't realised you were posh, I thought you were uneducated like me.

35 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I dont know, I think it's a stretch to access their tree in preservation of your own land though. 

"(c)the treatment, cutting back, felling, removal or replacement of any hedge, tree, shrub or other growing thing which is so comprised and which is, or is in danger of becoming, damaged, diseased, dangerous, insecurely rooted or dead; "

What's ambiguous about that?

I don't think it is applicable to a hedge as the  client has the ability to reduce the height and thus not need access from the other side.

If it comes down to it, could you not just lop the overhanging branches at three or four feet out from the stem? Climb or ladder up the tree, but only the branches on the friendly side, not the stem, so all work will still be within the friendly air-space, so to speak? It will look horrible, but at least the danger will be removed. You could video the whole process (dashcam pointed at the work and leave the ignition on) so if the neighbour throws a wobbler you can prove that you were never on his side of the boundary or touched the stem of the tree?

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

Guessing Marks asked the opposite neighbour next door if the neighbour in question is a twunt or not?! And opposing neighbour has concurred ??‍♂️

No.

There is only me and the lad next door.

He definitely confirmed his neighbour was a twat.

I struggled to hear him though.

You know what it’s like when you’re running up a saw at 1am after boring it out and you can’t hear it properly because my three kids are still banging away on their drum kits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

No.

You know what it’s like when you’re running up a saw at 1am after boring it out and you can’t hear it properly because my three kids are still banging away on their drum kits.

They may get the joke now:001_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

No.

Absolutley crying @Mark Bolam ???

• Thanks 1

There's room for compromise there isn't there?

Without cutting right back to the boundary and leaving an eyesore, you could still cut back substantially - and sufficiently to open up the view a bit* - and still retain a reasonably shaped tree.

Or has it gone way beyond compromise by now?

*even if cut back to the boundary, your client will still not have a completely clear view: there will still be a considerably sized tree there; he has the choice of a good looking tree with minimal/ un-noticable additional loss of out-look; or an eyesore with minimal/un-noticable gain of outlook.

Maybe :)

• Like 1