New replacement 4x4 pickup

wicklamulla

Any one had experience of the Nissan Navara with 3.0 V6 dci motor in it? Planning a swap next year and was looking at the Isuzu Rodeo 3.0 too. Previously owned a Nissan x-trail and loved the spec, toys and comfort for the money. Thats whats kinda steering me back towards the Navara, but apparently the V6 is on a slightly different chassis so the snapping issue is not a problem.

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I haven't managed to start it yet , battery only just managed to turn it over and I haven't got around to trying again but I might ask you for some pointers if I have another bash.

I have a generic VW biased OBD2 reader.

Not sure how much standard obd reads, I’ve got a Hawkeye which is a good set up for resetting most things. Happy to help if I can.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

I’m constantly on the lookout for my perfect truck but everything seems to be a compromise in one way or another. Not big enough load bed, big enough load bed but no tool storage/family unfriendly. Wouldn’t want to chuck a load of money away on depreciation so that rules out new trucks- plus far too tarty for my line of work. 

what did you go for in the end Ken?

My perfect truck- 

3.5t towing- preferably not squeezed out of a tiny engine.

decent long bed-

6ft minimum to get stakes, digger buckets and materials in.

Internal storage for drills/saws tools.

family friendly ie can put the little one in the back somewhere.

is there such a thing?

Dodge Ram 2500 with a cummins diesel.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, billpierce said:

Delighted you have kept it old school. Was about to suggest a mk4 DC hilux for sale near me with 80k fella wants 3k for it. But reckon you have a belta there.

Pics?

Take it you have seen that landcruiser on Ebay? Low miles but £10k or something daft.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283264663246

Hilux:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/298032071044003/

Hi Bill,  thas not a bad looking Hilux but me Isuzu is way better in terms of condition and Hilux's are a bit under powered in my experience. 3.1 power does it fir me. That Land Cruiser looks well worn too and i bet it's a bit rough when ya start looking up close and personal.

The Land Cruiser i was after was not advertised,  i have seen it locally and was interested to see if the owner wanted to sell.

oil sort pics later as i'm tinkering in the garage atm.

1 minute ago, wicklamulla said:

local lad had a cummins in his defender and it made a mess of the transmission.

Yep heard that sorta story before . There are ways to avoid that as I have read . Not qualified to explain though .

• Like 2

Cummins deisel runs till yr grand children die K

A previous shunter at work had old cummins L10 STC motor in it, 2.2 million kms on clock, did a head gasket, two water pumps and a couple of injectors in its life, went tits up when we came off mineral oil on to semi-synthetic. Was a peach in its day, eaton twin split box [emoji108]
  • Like 1