New replacement 4x4 pickup

wicklamulla

If you’d have been close you could have taken it for a day to try it out. Don’t be tempted by a diesel, there either expensive for repairs for the V6 or V8 or dog slow for the td6.

Things to look for are full service history, ideally few long term owners, gearbox oil change done despite meant to be a lifetime sealed box. Look for something without a tow bar, most have the factory fit frame and harness and you can just add the hitch and socket straight into plug in wiring harness. Check the mot history, some I looked at had been clocked...one of them twice! Radio faults..everything electrical is connected via central computer modules and radio faults usually signify corrosion in the system. 

bits not to be worried about..suspension, air bags and height sensors are cheap and easy fit, brakes as above, leak in the boot..the seal goes but again cheap and easy to sort.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Where will you put you buckets Matt? Thought you had to put them in the tub to keep the trailer weight down.

Mind they sound a dream for towing a load around here 

Good roof rack would take plenty of weight, I was thinking of building a half length one for mine. Handy for odd bits, carrying fuel and mounting some work lights, but to be honest you could just put them in the boot easy enough and put tools in the back seat and foot well if needed 

39 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Where will you put you buckets Matt? Thought you had to put them in the tub to keep the trailer weight down.

Mind they sound a dream for towing a load around here 

Yes I do really. Buckets need to go in tow vehicle to keep it legal with current trailer- there are lighter trailers that could take buckets too. TBH most of the time i use my tractor these days if I’m taking the 3 tonner to a job with attachments and buckets as can get it all there in one go. What I’m really needing at the mo is a decent ‘mobile workshop’ so I can keep all my tools on board and gate fittings etc all with me so i don’t have to spend half my life loading and unloading tools like I’ve had to do with defender the last 10 Year’s. Doubt I’d get rid of Landu, unless I found I wasn’t using it anymore.

On 04/12/2018 at 08:12, Matthew Storrs said:

looks ideal that,  the big old skool power stroke enjun too but i tink thas a 4x2 and not a 4x4?

LeeGray has the ideal tow tug it seems.  @LeeGray  it's a shame the V8 TDI Range Rover is not as good as it sounds on paper.