New replacement 4x4 pickup

wicklamulla

19 minutes ago, Ratman said:

My Navara question fell flat didnt it emoji848.png?‍♂️ ah well...... next emoji23.png

ya never see many of dem V6 Navara's Rats.  I tink they only come with an auto box with no manual option.  You done any research on them yet?

34 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:

Are they based on the old vauxhall frontera, looks very similar at the front end.

They are the same chassis as the old Vauxhall Brava which in turn shares some of the Isuzu MU / Vauxhall Frontera components.  They were officially available with a 2.5TD and a 2.8TD but mine was imported from new with the same enjun as the 3.1 Trooper minus the intercooler kit,  but i will retrofit one.  @billpierce this is the fiorst vehicl i have owned with a winch fitted,  it's a 12000lb winch with a plasma rope.  I will have a better winch tray fabricated or a complete winch bumper fabbed up as the current winch mount looks good enough for self recovery only.  A local engineering works make this kind of kit for Disco's and Defenders and all manner of trucks,  they have a full powder coating facility too so satin silver would look good.

4 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

They are the same chassis as the old Vauxhall Brava which in turn shares some of the Isuzu MU / Vauxhall Frontera components.  They were officially available with a 2.5TD and a 2.8TD but mine was imported from new with the same enjun as the 3.1 Trooper minus the intercooler kit,  but i will retrofit one.  @billpierce this is the fiorst vehicl i have owned with a winch fitted,  it's a 12000lb winch with a plasma rope.  I will have a better winch tray fabricated or a complete winch bumper fabbed up as the current winch mount looks good enough for self recovery only.  A local engineering works make this kind of kit for Disco's and Defenders and all manner of trucks,  they have a full powder coating facility too so satin silver would look good.

You're going to love that winch. Always thought they were a bit shit and slightly useless, but seeing a pal winch stems up a bank I decided to get one asap. Used it enough to be worth having for sure. 12000lbs is pretty acceptable!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, billpierce said:

You're going to love that winch. Always thought they were a bit shit and slightly useless, but seeing a pal winch stems up a bank I decided to get one asap. Used it enough to be worth having for sure. 12000lbs is pretty acceptable!

wireless remote control too!

• Like 1

ya never see many of dem V6 Navara's Rats.  I tink they only come with an auto box with no manual option.  You done any research on them yet?

Little bit, nothing major thats why i thought i’d ask on here. Yeah theyre all auto, apparently the chassis design differs slightly to the earlier ones with the corrosion, cracking, snapping issues so theres nothing to worry about there. They need regular strip downs on rear drive shafts apparently and re packing with grease. Not really heard any issues on engines. Theres plenty around with low mileage on too.
  • Like 1