New replacement 4x4 pickup

wicklamulla

5 hours ago, Stubby said:

I was driving on the A27 in a 2ltr Audi A4 and a Tessla  completely destroyed me on acceleration . I was never going to keep up . Because they have such huge chunks of torque they can run higher gearing with out loosing any power hence the stonking grunt they demonstrate . 

I thought for a while that the electric technology was not quite there. Then a customer took me out in his P100D as he knew I like cars. 

To about 80ish mph it makes every supercar i've been in or driven feel slow and painful. The torque, smoothness and traction are incredible. 

Okay, it runs out of legs at 80-100 but in normal driving conditions they are fantastic. Even against the slowest Tesla on slow mode with cold batteries I suspect your Audi would have no chance.

I would jump at the chance to run one as a work van/truck/pickup. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

I was driving on the A27 in a 2ltr Audi A4 and a Tessla  completely destroyed me on acceleration . I was never going to keep up . Because they have such huge chunks of torque they can run higher gearing with out loosing any power hence the stonking grunt they demonstrate . 

Driving into Oslo I will be undertaken by plenty of Tesla’s, plus other brands. They get to use the bus lanes.

It is only a matter of time.  Electric vehicles will catch on no doubt.  They have been very popular in Norway for years.  I see models of electric vehicles  out here that you probably won’t see for years in the UK.

Audi Q7 Etron for example.  

https://www.audi.no/no/web/no/bilmodeller/q7/q7-e-tron-quattro.html?csref=sea:mediacom:Q7etq:q-series_q7etronquattro:c:google:google.no&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-df90P-Z3wIV2MqyCh1N6gYAEAAYASAAEgKwZvD_BwE

Hybrid Porsche Panameras, plus plenty of others.

Those Tesla’s though are in the region of 700bhp and 0-100 kph in 3 seconds.

As the batteries become more efficient so will the development of commercial vehicles IMO.

• Like 3

TP had a electric chipper at APF. But I don't think it was actually working there due to a battery supplier change / issue. It's said it will do about 2 hours of chipping.

Most domestic tree surgeons who hire a chipper for a day from us only usually clock 2 chipping hours on their days work.

Electric sure is coming. Most carpenters, electricians, plumbers etc have no issue plugging in and using the customers 240v for their power tools...

You could charge the chipper off the car charging point on the customers driveway. In a few years when its the norm.... 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

Most carpenters, electricians, plumbers etc have no issue plugging in and using the customers 240v for their power tools...

I have a sense of irony, in that customers have asked for years "Do you need to plug your tools in?" 

Finally we can say yes. :D "Just need to charge the chainsaws and the chipper" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Just been looking online after reading this thread and seen a Alke ATX 340e 2m long 1.4m wide tipper body 1630kg carry capacity on road with 2000kg towing capacity on the road and 4500kg off road and a 150km milage per charge and looking at reviews they seem really handy and a good selling point towards customers tree surgeons look after trees health and all the carbon monoxide of vehicles and saws the alternative is go electric or run saws on aspen and leave a lighter global footprint behind when finishing jobs surely a lot of people would rather use a professional who has less of a impact on the environment now that its available to?