Wood working lathe and tools wanted

roys

Hi Folks

Looking for a wood working lathe for myself and apparently my wife wants a shot as well.

I do a bit of turning but it is metal on my Colchester Master lathe which was built in 1966 and is ace?

I hate poor quality tools, so want a decent one and some tooling, but I am not familiar with wood turning lathes.

If anybody hears of, or sees a decent one on the likes of eBay can you let me know please.

Within 100 miles of Central Scotland would be ideal.

Many Thanks

There are some good deals floating around, avoid the draper, nu tool type lathes, quality chisels is a must, you don't need many to get started. Don't forget a decent sharpening system, I use a slow speed grinder with white wheels as this is the most important aspect getting a good start. I started with similar to the below and did me for may years. Worth seeing if there is a local club (AWGB website) as they often have a "loan" lathe and tools to see if you like it before splashing out. Also a great wealth of knowledge and experience on tap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Axminster-AWVSL-1000-Wood-turning-lathe-complete-hobby-kit-with-many-extras-/153283763283