Leave cambium saver and ropes in tree over night?

forestboy1978

33 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I'm sure they wont hurt getting a bit wet if they can dry off later somewhere but what about security?

I've bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001R4BPOI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

to lock it to tree

This had been said before, what if a squirrel nibbled at it? Its not really worth it. If I have a job that's more than one day I would retrieve everything and just leave a throw line or cheap polypropylene in place. With customers consent of course 

• Like 1

Just now, forestboy1978 said:

Next question lol.....

How do one get a cambian saver up a tree and a rope through it correctly with a throw line?

The easiest way is with a cam saver with a mallion rapid one end as the small ring. You can set your throw line, then put the throw bag through the big ring ( attach a karabiner if it falls out) and the the other line at ground level can be put through the mallion rapide or fed through the small ring if it can't be unscrewed. Pull into place with a flip action to get into the crotch. Then attach your rope to the line, I use a running bowline with several half hitches (one near the end of rope), very important so that your rope goes through the rings easily. Should be loads of video on YouTube. Other ways of setting them. And you can even feed the throw line through the small ring before you throw.....but I always forget that ?